Rear window leak

Demon

6 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

What are they doing about the wet headliners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They cleaned mine. Came out fine, can’t even tell. And it was pretty soaked on both corners.361CDA6C-C0DC-4F4D-A375-122D89B1C679.thumb.jpeg.1e647ed11ffeab07f1b1f7803c59af90.jpeg

Been about a year and a half since, haven’t noticed anything. And I am pretty sensitive to that with allergies and everything else. They had the headliner down and the seat out to dry. 

Window still leaks slightly but not into the headliner. Easy to manage. I’m just defeated and waiting for a worthy trade. ?

• Sad 1

What are they doing about the wet headliners?

Mine got replaced. I wasn't aware of the leak issue and noticed some lines in the headliner so I got it all cleaned, only for a week straight of rain to have me find this forum. The picture was the day before I brought it in for repair.0f20b2936c106bb8c6aa09d435bd45ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Chet said:

Mine is getting worse too.  Doesn't even take much moisture anymore.... just a light rain and the interior is wet. 

They discovered a foot of sealant was not applied?  Is that new info?  Source?  

The service writer told me a foot of sealant was not applied to my window from the factory. 

That leak is definitely spoiler related. 
Yeah, mine was def the spoiler according to the tech who repaired it. On the opposite side not pictured, the headliner wasn't really wet but water was pouring down inside of the back glass. They went through it pretty thoroughly, and so far so good. Hoping it remains that way.

For the “leak test” after the repair what did your dealer do? I told them I do not want them wash my truck few years ago with my last truck they did and scratched it to hell took me a few weeks to fix [emoji35]

39 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

For the “leak test” after the repair what did your dealer do? I told them I do not want them wash my truck few years ago with my last truck they did and scratched it to hell took me a few weeks to fix emoji35.png

I ceramic coated my truck. Not a scratch on it. I wasn’t concerned. Although I do try and do touch less no matter how I wash my truck, I won’t let them wash it when I bring it in for any service to minimize the chance of any scratches. They had to test for the leak so I didn’t raise an issue 

I ceramic coated my truck. Not a scratch on it. I wasn’t concerned. Although I do try and do touch less no matter how I wash my truck, I won’t let them wash it when I bring it in for any service to minimize the chance of any scratches. They had to test for the leak so I didn’t raise an issue 
Ditto here. I ask the dealer not to wash my truck or my SS sedan especially. Best I could tell was it looked like it got soaked with a water hose, but they didn't specify how they tested.

I still need to paint correct and ceramic coat my truck. I've done a decent polish job and waxed it, but I've got a ceramic coating kit ready to go when weather permits....and time, ha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PureZ71 said:

Just got the leak problem on rear window at 1010 miles. Taking it to the dealer this Friday to get it checked out. Not sure exactly what they going to do to fix it.

It’s either cracked or they didn’t seal it properly at the factory. Mine was not completely sealed and they replaced the entire window. 

• Like 1