Rear window leak

Demon

23 hours ago, Vicarod said:

Did you do it yet? Washed the truck this morning and checked. No leak. 

Edited by Jrodpic

12 hours ago, Jrodpic said:

Do you do it yet? Washed the truck this morning and checked. No leak. 

So, it's been over a month since you installed this and no leaks? 

Must be leaking from the spoiler bolts and running to the top of the window from the inside.   Goin to order this and try it myself!! 

FYI- I ran a similar rubber seal between the window and window frame on the outside, across the entire left side of the window and it didn't stop the leak....so I think it is coming from the spoiler bolt!  

Washed my truck yesterday and it's still dripping inside on the driver's side, at the plastic piece on the top of the window, still just a few drips but dripping nonetheless! 

This picture was a few months ago, but that is the spot, right on the corner of it!

IMG_2191.jpg

Edited by Spyderwebb

7 hours ago, Spyderwebb said:

So, it's been over a month since you installed this and no leaks? 

Must be leaking from the spoiler bolts and running to the top of the window from the inside.   Goin to order this and try it myself!! 

FYI- I ran a similar rubber seal between the window and window frame on the outside, across the entire left side of the window and it didn't stop the leak....so I think it is coming from the spoiler bolt!  

Washed my truck yesterday and it's still dripping inside on the driver's side, at the plastic piece on the top of the window, still just a few drips but dripping nonetheless! 

This picture was a few months ago, but that is the spot, right on the corner of it!

IMG_2191.jpg

Yep did it a couple months ago but the truck is parked in the garage, my wife and I are both working from home and it hasn’t rained much. Can’t guarantee it, but so far so good. Worst case you’re out $15.....

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, Jrodpic said:

Update on the Trim Lok. Had a few days of rain here and no sign of leakage. I highly suggest you give it a shot. $15 and about 15 mins worth of time.

Trim-Lok Cord Stock Rubber Seal – EPDM Closed Cell Solid Foam Tubing –... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL4D2T8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_HDPVNV15K4PR83SC6V7E

I ordered this exact Amazon Trim-Lok product, but I cannot get it to fit into the upper gap of the spoiler.  I even tried lubricating it with some silicone spray.  How did you guys do it?

On 1/31/2021 at 7:54 PM, Jrodpic said:

Did you do it yet? Washed the truck this morning and checked. No leak. 

I just put it in yesterday...I'll keep you posted.  I plan on water testing it instead of waiting for rain.  Full disclosure, I don't have a leak since they replaced my rear window.  This is more preventative.

I used interior plastic trim tools to get the cord between the spoiler and the cab.  Gap was that tight on my truck.

Anyone that's had the window leak fixed under warranty via a dealer, have you noticed an interior rattle after the work was done? Apologies if this has been brought up. Tried searching the posts but no luck.

Mine was repaired last week at a reputable dealer where I purchased the truck. Noticed this morning on my early coffee run with no music, etc a distinctive rattling on any little bump I hit that def wasn't there prior. I'm hoping it's my son's car seat and/or something he left in it, [emoji1787]

2019 LTZ 4x4, 6.2. For reference.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, American Cobra said:

I ordered this exact Amazon Trim-Lok product, but I cannot get it to fit into the upper gap of the spoiler.  I even tried lubricating it with some silicone spray.  How did you guys do it?

I used the handle end of a plastic frozen yogurt spoon to work it into the gap. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RStrain56 said:

Anyone that's had the window leak fixed under warranty via a dealer, have you noticed an interior rattle after the work was done? Apologies if this has been brought up. Tried searching the posts but no luck.

Mine was repaired last week at a reputable dealer where I purchased the truck. Noticed this morning on my early coffee run with no music, etc a distinctive rattling on any little bump I hit that def wasn't there prior. I'm hoping it's my son's car seat and/or something he left in it, emoji1787.png

Headrest rattle like others said before, easy fix to just spread the headrest legs out

OR

Rear cab vent(s).  Check to see if they didn't knock those out.  I got mine back after the window and the driver side cab vent was loose. 

OR

Could possibly be spoiler attach bolts.  I personally feel that this might be a big part of the leaking problem, as my window wasn't cracked...but they insisted on replacing it anyway.

When they did, the leak was worse, and in a different area because they didn't seal the spoiler attach points.  What a mess.  Still have a noise in the cab during extreme temp changes...and I believe it is due to the spoiler not torqued correctly.  Which led to the leak.  Just my theory.  I am probably way off the mark.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2021 at 11:39 AM, RStrain56 said:

Mine was repaired last week at a reputable dealer where I purchased the truck. Noticed this morning on my early coffee run with no music, etc a distinctive rattling on any little bump I hit that def wasn't there prior. I'm hoping it's my son's car seat and/or something he left in it, emoji1787.png

Yes I had the rattle. Pulling the headrests and “widening” the bars did the trick. Hopefully I can just enjoy my truck now. No leaks since rear window replaced. 

30 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Mine has gotten worse emoji17.png

3fadefe7c3581a9c18eda5078bacab12.jpg68e00be5fbe43debbbf7fcbfdf3b8f86.jpg2cac42b8b2446f2796829ecf296f4841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow that is considerably worse than mine. They discovered a foot of sealant was not applied at the factory. They ordered me a new window regardless.