Rear window leak

Demon

On 3/3/2023 at 12:01 AM, mikystyle said:

I solved my window leak issue. I went out and bought a Ram

I just did the same thing, my rear window started leaking for the third time but this time it was out of warranty so I had had enough. After having purchased 6 different new gm pick ups since 2000 I have decided to try my luck with a Ram.  The rear window is probably made by the same vendor though lol. We'll see what happens but the Sierra is officially someone else's problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone tried this new aftermarket rear sliding window? Looking at the pictures, it does not have the plastic frame on top but rather the slider track is mounted so that you have a glass to urethane seal like the fixed rear window. Design looks solid.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235106237089?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=1H7o5ugiQpW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=m7XPh2YmQEK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2023 at 7:39 PM, x31 said:

I just did the same thing, my rear window started leaking for the third time but this time it was out of warranty so I had had enough. After having purchased 6 different new gm pick ups since 2000 I have decided to try my luck with a Ram.  The rear window is probably made by the same vendor though lol. We'll see what happens but the Sierra is officially someone else's problem.

more likely what I will do 

looking at the new f250 HO diesel.

I do love my truck but im tired of this , I pay to much money to have this problem with the truck.

my AT4 will be some one else problem soon .

If my only problem was a rear window leak I’d go to my automotive glass shop. I’d have them seal it. Even if it meant eliminating the sliding glass if necessary. If that was the only thing I had a problem with. 

11 hours ago, AJMBLAZER said:

Again…it can be fixed by yourself for about $15-60 without losing the window function. 

how ?

if there is a way can someone post the steps ?

or direct me to the page where I can see how to fix it 

because my dieter can't fix it .

Edited by Big_Kahuna

On 11/26/2020 at 11:04 AM, Kclyatt said:

I’ve joined the leak club-6/20 build date Denali with slider E4 fuyao leak on passenger side with only 770 miles and no off roading or towing yet. After staying up to date on this entire thread I decided to tackle myself with painters tape on spoiler and glass edge and I used good old GE advanced silicone. Didn’t remove spoiler just cut tip to fit in groove and slowly filled (flows easily) until the top of glass edge. Removed tape and cleaned any residue with iso alcohol. Totally invisible repair and no issues with banged up trim or scratched paint. Longevity who knows but at least it’s leak free and easily removed if leaks again.

AAB0BD7B-6AC7-4E9A-A25D-D282893A0F99.jpeg

pictures would be nice 

Look through his posts. He’s actually where I figured it out. Sealed up the entry points from the top of the spoiler and then sealed around the top edge of the window.  Even in driving rain I’m leak free now. 

1 hour ago, AJMBLAZER said:

Look through his posts. He’s actually where I figured it out. Sealed up the entry points from the top of the spoiler and then sealed around the top edge of the window.  Even in driving rain I’m leak free now. 

Me too…We own two that leaked. Not that hard once you see how and seal all penetrations and the top of the window. Pay particular attention to the right side as both of mine had minimal sealer on the extreme right top side.

It’s a poor design on GM’s part. Only way it would work better is LOTS more sealant/adhesive but I bet the bean counters control that. Mine took most of four tubes of sealant all along the top before I had the leak stopped 100%.  Some guys reported a tube or two and were good. I also sealed up the front of the spoiler where it meets the cab.