Rear window leak

Demon

On 11/14/2018 at 7:31 AM, Demon said:

Just a heads up to all the other 2019 owners out there.  Last night I noticed water on the top on the back seat on the passenger side and my rear window is leaking.  It looks to be coming from the area around the sliding window rail.  I spoke with the dealership last night and will be dropping it off today for them to fix.  I'm not really pissed off about it because this is the kind of stuff that happens when you buy the first model year of a new design but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on something to look out for.

Just happened to mine. Have to take it in 😭

Somebody fill me in on where we are with this. Do these windows still leak into the late 2021/ 2022 models??? Had a 2020 built in July 2020. It had a slight leak. I added TrimLok weather seal tubing to the spoiler gap and never had an issue after that. Truck got totaled. 2022 is being delivered next week. Wondering if I need to do the same on this truck.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Following @Kclyatt’s lead. Just put two tubes of windshield sealant into the top of the window between the spoiler and the window. Contemplating getting another. 

Next will be to seal up the gap between the spoiler and the cab using the weatherstrip he recommended from Lowes:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/M-D-10-ft-x-19-32-in-Black-Auto-and-Marine-Seal-Rubber-Marine-Automotive-Weatherstrip/1038917

After that will be a sealing of the brake light. Still researching that part. 

Edited by AJMBLAZER
What’s a wondow?

49 minutes ago, Steve-2019 said:

That would only be true if you have more than 36K miles!

And if you are out of warranty, then I would look for someone to do the repair that’s detailed in the sticky thread in this forum.  If you can’t DIY, then paying someone to do the repair that will work would be better money spent.

Hi everyone, 

I’m having the same issue as everyone else. I already replace my sliding window with a solid one and I’m still having the same  water leak. Any one has an idea what else could it be? I’m passed my 36000 and bumper to bumper does not cover it. 

Edited by Stallion_08

2 hours ago, Stallion_08 said:

Hi everyone, 

I’m having the same issue as everyone else. I already replace my sliding window with a solid one and I’m still having the same  water leak. Any one has an idea what else could it be? I’m passed my 36000 and bumper to bumper does not cover it. 

Wel….I hate hearing this. I’m bringing mine in Monday to put in the solid glass. 

Alright gentlemen, I found the leak. It wasn’t the solid rear window. The dealership did not fastened the nut completely and the weather strip was damaged. the water was going through the hole that has the yellow guide on the spoiler. The round gasket was ripped so I bought a new from advance. 
It did stop the leak but let’s see for how long. I ordered the weather strip from lowes  and I’ll replace the damage one as soon I arrives.