Rear window leak

Demon

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 9:20 PM, OnTheReel said:

Well, they should have replaced the window after the first caulk job fails. At least they did for mine. And the replacement window never leaked.

If they can get you a new window in there and a good glass guy to install it, you should be home free.

Mine was three reseals and then they started replacing glass.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 8:20 PM, OnTheReel said:

Well, they should have replaced the window after the first caulk job fails. At least they did for mine. And the replacement window never leaked.

If they can get you a new window in there and a good glass guy to install it, you should be home free.

They replaced the window. Looks like they did a decent job. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

Is it too early to say seems like the leaks have ceased for the 1500 2021 model year?

Having a 21, I sure hope so, but I keep checking this thread anytime there’s a new post.  I think I’m pretty well prepared if a leak does happen thanks to all the input here.

• 2 weeks later...

Well were is the welcome party for the the leaking window club. I'm in now. 2019 Silverado LT Z71 Crew Cab. Build date 6/24/19, U.S. build. My big question is how do you buy the Kent seam sealer? Went to there website and looks like you need a business license to buy from them. I refuse to let the dealer work on it and would like to do this myself. Thanks for any help 

12/19 Silao Mexico Build. Crew Cab Silverado LT with power slider.

Just got finished washing the truck.

Add me to the leaker club, Dammit !

E9 stamp on the glass.

Edited by Enough
content

Add another to the leak list.  Stained my headboard as well.  I have witnessed the dribble down the window in each corner, but my staining is higher up on the headboard suggesting that the spoiler may also be leaking higher up from the window.

This may be a stupid question, but I’m going to ask anyway.  Why couldn’t you just seal all around the spoiler and window with high quality sealant? 

11 minutes ago, Joe Wilson 22 said:

Add another to the leak list.  Stained my headboard as well.  I have witnessed the dribble down the window in each corner, but my staining is higher up on the headboard suggesting that the spoiler may also be leaking higher up from the window.

This may be a stupid question, but I’m going to ask anyway.  Why couldn’t you just seal all around the spoiler and window with high quality sealant? 

It wasn't in the budget!  J/K bad joke , but mine is holding steady after 2 fixes. 

Add me to the list. I bought my truck certified pre-owned in July with 38k miles on it, 900 miles later I washed it again today and discovered the leak. I contacted my local dealership and they said it's not covered under the certified pre-owned bumper to bumper 12 month or 12k miles warranty. I called another dealership and they said the same thing. I told them about the TSB info and they said they can't fix because it's out of 36 month or 36k warranty. Bunch of BS. The window frame is cracked on the inside and that's where the water leaks. The dealer I bought the truck from is 3 hours away and all I get is someone will call you back. GM certified warranty is useless and a fraud. They never cover anything within the 12 months bumper to bumper. I had a 2016 sierra denali 5.3 with water leak problems and the same happened, the only reason I have this 2019 denali 6.2 is because I was given a lot for my 2016. The GM certified pre-owned advisor told me to contact the dealerships and that the leak should be covered but the dealerships say no and they want 300 for a reseal. 

IMG-20211022-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20211022-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20211022-WA0002.jpg

Edited by Ric472J