What did you pay for your truck?

3 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Question becomes what has to have gone wrong for someone to trade it in after only 9 miles? 

I bought motorcycle with 15 miles on odometer as used once. Dealer make mistake registering the bike while negotiating with customer deal didn't go thru. Once register they can't sell it new, I was the fortune one to get the deep discount. Hopefully this is one of those deals. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Question becomes what has to have gone wrong for someone to trade it in after only 9 miles? 

We just bought a 19 acadia with 9 miles used/new what happens is there are exec vechicles and sometimes they dont get used, But warranty has started. My buddy is a gm at local gmc dealer, he had mine shipped in from Oregon, were in NY, what eventually happens is they get auctioned off on a private gm dealer.only site, mine still had all the prtotective wrap on it as well

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Beemerg17 said:

I bought motorcycle with 15 miles on odometer as used once. Dealer make mistake registering the bike while negotiating with customer deal didn't go thru. Once register they can't sell it new, I was the fortune one to get the deep discount. Hopefully this is one of those deals. 

But Jack Carter Chevrolet can sell a truck that's had $7000 in body panels replaced along the entire right side as new after saying they'd never sell a vehicle that was damaged and repaired as new...

6 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I found out what happened. When it was taken off the transport truck, it was scratched on front by the chain. The dealership made a claim on the transport insurance policy. Then the dealership sent it to an auction where my local dealer bought it. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 7:22 PM, Cee said:

So just over 12k off? Did you get 0 apr as well?

your not gonna get both......its one or the other

if your getting anything over 6k off the price the rebates will be better deal....if your getting 10-12k off its not even close.....if you can get 0 % you can surely get 2 or 3%

45k at 3.11% @ 72 months is $4300 in interest over the life of the loan......so to pay full msrp and 0% is not the way the go.....

the reason they do 0% is bank gets the rebates if you don't take them....or whoever does the paper, that's my understanding......they certainly aren't in this game to do it for free

Edited by Dunn

15 hours ago, Dunn said:

your not gonna get both......its one or the other

if your getting anything over 6k off the price the rebates will be better deal....if your getting 10-12k off its not even close.....if you can get 0 % you can surely get 2 or 3%

45k at 3.11% @ 72 months is $4300 in interest over the life of the loan......so to pay full msrp and 0% is not the way the go.....

the reason they do 0% is bank gets the rebates if you don't take them....or whoever does the paper, that's my understanding......they certainly aren't in this game to do it for free

I'm shooting for 18-22% off msrp before ttl on 5.3 Silverado RST. Tier 1 credit rating as well. I'm not in a rush and can go a few states out or wait it out until maybe July or August if the deals get better. Stock looks pretty limited atm so  hoping everyone starts getting more in soon.

Edited by Cee

19 minutes ago, Cee said:

I'm shooting for 18-22% off msrp before ttl on 5.3 Silverado RST. Tier 1 credit rating as well. I'm not in a rush and can go a few states out or wait it out until maybe July or August if the deals get better. Stock looks pretty limited atm so  hoping everyone starts getting more in soon.

Here’s one that’s pretty close. 

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/809486084/overview/

MSRP $50530 Current asking price $42650

or this one: 

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/786045146/overview/

or this: 

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/804880423/overview/

On 6/6/2020 at 1:28 PM, Cpl_Punishment said:

But Jack Carter Chevrolet can sell a truck that's had $7000 in body panels replaced along the entire right side as new after saying they'd never sell a vehicle that was damaged and repaired as new...

I had a dealer last week tell me they are selling a truck NEW with 5k miles because the only person to use it was was the dealer manager (used it as a work truck).. So its still technically new??? 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Cee said:

I had a dealer last week tell me they are selling a truck NEW with 5k miles because the only person to use it was was the dealer manager (used it as a work truck).. So its still technically new??? 

A truck with 5k miles may be barely broken in and should have a ton of life left in it but I don't see how you can call it new or charge full price for it. 

Just now, Cpl_Punishment said:

A truck with 5k miles may be barely broken in and should have a ton of life left in it but I don't see how you can call it new or charge full price for it. 

It is technically new because it hasn’t been registered. It’s a demo. They will never get full price. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lawsnook said:

It is technically new because it hasn’t been registered. It’s a demo. They will never get full price. 

So does the manager just drive it around with one of those temporary dealership plates hanging from the tailgate? 

17 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

So does the manager just drive it around with one of those temporary dealership plates hanging from the tailgate? 

In essence yes but typically it's attached as it should be, but as a demo it in theory should be discounted together with any current manufacturer rebates/ incentives too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Most lots give their management new rigs to drive around, part of the package for working there. They have their own dealer plate assigned to them, so that is what goes on the truck.

Some are respectful, most are not and drive them like a rental car. So damage does happen along the way before someone buys them. My sales GM's wife kept our body shop pretty busy.

They usually turn them in around the 3000 mile range and get a new one. Same thing with cars that are part of their rental fleet, except those have a lot more miles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cee said:

I got 27% last august on RST 1500 and 15-16% on 2500 last month.....credit is individual per person and isn't part of selling price when comparing....they had a strike and covid 19.....idk I think maybe 2020s are done, with strike and covid 19 they are way behind and 2021 are coming soon.....rebates already have slipped back the other way, and sure dealer discounts will be same.....jump on one if it pops up and yeah may have to travel....

5 hours ago, Lawsnook said:

exactly its the registration.....but someone probably will pay too much for it, though yeah should be a heavy discount.....5k miles is nothing though, barely broken in

• Like 2