What did you pay for your truck?

New member here...

2020 Trail Boss LT 6.2L

Leather, Convenience 1&2, towing pkg

Picked mine up late April from a dealer in Union, MO

Shopped it hard, best deal I could find & the only Indiana manufactured  6.2L crew cab / standard bed to be found in all black anywhere.

$46,600

22947948442x640.jpg

• Like 1

Looking for a 2020 GM 1500.. can anyone recommend a dealer/ sales rep in West Coast, preferably Norcal? 

I bought mine from Woodland GMC at the end of last year. It was one of the easiest and best car-buying experiences I’ve had. I worked out all of the details before I got there. Went for an unaccompanied test drive, signed the paperwork and was on my way. I believe I got $11,000 off, my including rebates and dealer discount.

All these great deals have evaporated.  I must have called a dozen dealers and no one is remotely interested in getting even close to invoice let alone below and cite the lack of trucks available.  I'm looking at an AT4 and put in fair offers, qualify for military and/or first responder and nada.

They are all also not interested in getting things moving yet also say the rebates go away on Tuesday (2 JUN).

A little frustrating for sure.

I want AT4 as well but, most dealers are not moving on the AT4 regardless of the engine. They are welling to move on Denali or fully loaded SLT. I got a quote today on SLT with a baby Duramax MSRP $62785 minus $6500 GM discount plus first responder and costco discounts. Final price $516500 plus tax, tags and $499 dealer fee. If I go with % interest $6500 goes away. This deal is valet till the end of the day, Wednesday 6-3-2020. Spoke to my financial adviser and she said just pay cash for it if you can't get better deal elsewhere on Monday or Tuesday.  My problem is I DO NOT LIKE CHROME. I might just wait until September to see if I can get the truck I really want instead of settling for one. I don't need truck but midlife crises wants one.  

I want AT4 as well but, most dealers are not moving on the AT4 regardless of the engine. They are welling to move on Denali or fully loaded SLT. I got a quote today on SLT with a baby Duramax MSRP $62785 minus $6500 GM discount plus first responder and costco discounts. Final price $516500 plus tax, tags and $499 dealer fee. If I go with % interest $6500 goes away. This deal is valet till the end of the day, Wednesday 6-3-2020. Spoke to my financial adviser and she said just pay cash for it if you can't get better deal elsewhere on Monday or Tuesday.  My problem is I DO NOT LIKE CHROME. I might just wait until September to see if I can get the truck I really want instead of settling for one. I don't need truck but midlife crises wants one.  

If you pay cash the rebates go away. They want you finance with gm financial at a crazy rate. If you have the cash, finance then as soon as your loan is in the system pay if off. You do not have to wait 6 months like they claim. I did it with mine last year. 4 days after I bought I paid off the loan.

If you pay cash the rebates go away. They want you finance with gm financial at a crazy rate. If you have the cash, finance then as soon as your loan is in the system pay if off. You do not have to wait 6 months like they claim. I did it with mine last year. 4 days after I bought I paid off the loan.

The rebates aren’t contingent on paying cash or not. You can get all rebates and still pay cash or finance through an outside lender other than gm financial. If your dealer tells you that they’re lying to you.

If you finance with gm financial and want the 0% for 84 months, then the rebates go away.

I got close to $14k off on my truck and financed with Bank of America at 2%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rebates aren’t contingent on paying cash or not. You can get all rebates and still pay cash or finance through an outside lender other than gm financial. If your dealer tells you that they’re lying to you.

If you finance with gm financial and want the 0% for 84 months, then the rebates go away.

I got close to $14k off on my truck and financed with Bank of America at 2%

Oh ok. I am wondering if they differ from each model/month/year. I couldn’t get the rebates without financing last year on my Tahoe. Who knows. That what they told me. Probably some BS. From what I read the inventory I drying up on the pickups. I know they started the factories but it’s going to take time to catch up. If you find something you like and satisfied with price go for it. Who knows what next month will bring.

If it was AT4 I would of bought that truck on the spot today, unfortunately I just can't live with that much CHROME. Even the wheels are dripping with chrome. I will call the dealer on Monday to see if they will work similar deal if I order AT4 with baby duramax. Worst comes to worst I just wait until September for the 2021 model year. 

On 5/27/2020 at 7:01 AM, SoCalPlag said:

damn looks like some guys are getting good deals and still passing on them.  

Im fighting with a deal right now that only wants to give me $2500 off plus the rebate.

you can still get a great deal its just tougher here.....contact a ****** ton of dealers thru email and see who bites or is willing.....its possible though....

On 5/28/2020 at 11:28 PM, StLTrailBoss said:

New member here...

2020 Trail Boss LT 6.2L

Leather, Convenience 1&2, towing pkg

Picked mine up late April from a dealer in Union, MO

Shopped it hard, best deal I could find & the only Indiana manufactured  6.2L crew cab / standard bed to be found in all black anywhere.

$46,600

22947948442x640.jpg

crew cab std bed is a tough find.....used to be the norm and short box was hard to find, lol

The dealers I talked to yesterday (Sat 31 MAY) were really busy, allegedly, but none of them moved AT4s.  All of them of course "claim" that the rebates go away after Monday (1 JUN) and I think one of two things happens: the rebates really do go to nil and they will do everything they can to move some on Monday before a very dry June or the rebates won't go away and this was a push to boost EOM sales this past weekend.

The dealer I "previously" had a good relationship with came back with the truck AT MSRP and then added almost $6k in unbelievable nonsense like $3000 in paint protection, $300 for nitrogen in the tires, and my favorite... almost $1500 for AT4 floor mats.  Which of course are standard on the vehicle.  Paying extra for something that's already there... classic.  I figured when I started talking that we'd be $1500, maybe $2000 off... nope, we were $21,500 off.

The other side of the coin is the new dealer I'm talking to has a ton of AT4s inbound, they just don't know when they'll get in and what the rebates will be for them.

It will be interesting to see.  

14 minutes ago, the-wild-moose said:

I got a little over $12K off mine (RST CC 4X4 as well) so I'd say shoot for at least $45K

Tax and title included? Did u get 0 apr?

4 minutes ago, Cee said:

Tax and title included? Did u get 0 apr?

Sorry, didn't see you said OTD. I was talking about before TTL. MSRP was a little over $53K and I got it down to 41K plus running boards. They even had to transfer the truck from a different dealer 150 miles away.