Cast steel or aluminum/stamped steel UCA?

Sorry I meant what should I get, which is better?

What do you mean? If you buy aftermarket, my personal opinion is cast steel but most aftermarket’s already are. If you’re asking which lift to get, it just depends on which UCA’s you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, rcass14 said:

What do you mean? If you buy aftermarket, my personal opinion is cast steel but most aftermarket’s already are. If you’re asking which lift to get, it just depends on which UCA’s you have.

I'm looking at CTS lifts and its asking which as a sub category. Also I am curious of peoples opinions.

I'm looking at CTS lifts and its asking which as a sub category. Also I am curious of peoples opinions.

You mean CST..............

You have to figure out which control arms YOUR truck has

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

You mean CST..............

You have to figure out which control arms YOUR truck has

No I mean CTS, like Cadillac so I can lift it up and put big tires on it...

? jk

Okay what is the thoughts on UCA replacement for a simple 2.25 RC level? I do not plan on ever doing serious off-road in this truck, have an old Land Cruiser for that. Anyway, I just wanted it to sit better but looking at the UCA it is definitely not sitting optimally. On the drivers side the rubber boot doesn’t sit flat either so I’m sure it is gonna get garbage in there. The pic didn’t come out clear and it’s dark now but looking for a good replacement for a simple 2.25 level. Thanks!

E8D89C96-844C-42EE-A6FB-B1FE917ED49E.jpeg

On 1/9/2019 at 6:09 PM, SS502 said:

Okay what is the thoughts on UCA replacement for a simple 2.25 RC level? I do not plan on ever doing serious off-road in this truck, have an old Land Cruiser for that. Anyway, I just wanted it to sit better but looking at the UCA it is definitely not sitting optimally. On the drivers side the rubber boot doesn’t sit flat either so I’m sure it is gonna get garbage in there. The pic didn’t come out clear and it’s dark now but looking for a good replacement for a simple 2.25 level. Thanks!

E8D89C96-844C-42EE-A6FB-B1FE917ED49E.jpeg

Bump

8 hours ago, CovetedStyle said:

I think you would be wasting your money on UCA’s for a level kit. You ball joint boots look fine and don’t look to have any pinch at all. My 2 cents

I appreciate any inputs so thank you! Here is a not so clear pic of the drivers side, not sure why my phone is going fuzzy. But you can see the boot is not making contact, I tried pushing it down but it won't stay.

FDB760CC-DC4A-4B20-AD98-0CA2974D8800.jpeg

Edited by SS502

I appreciate any inputs so thank you! Here is a not so clear pic of the drivers side, not sure why my phone is going fuzzy. But you can see the boot is not making contact, I tried pushing it down but it won't stay.
FDB760CC-DC4A-4B20-AD98-0CA2974D8800.thumb.jpeg.f130d1e4bbd2387a8b0362c889f254b6.jpeg

Like Coveted said, you really aren’t in need of UCA’s with this level. Your angles are totally fine, I’d imagine the boot separation was caused during installation as getting those to come off the stock knuckle can be a nightmare lmao. With that being said, I’m all about spending a little extra to perfect the angles and ensure the system lasts for 100+ thousand miles without issues. It’s what I did on my leveled NNBS just for the peace of mind. I’d recommend looking at MOOG UCA’s. Affordable and good quality... had them on mine for around 80K with no issues.

• Thanks 1