Mylink Carplay and bluetooth issues on 2016 silverado Z71

Having issues with booth the Carplay function and Buetooth software in 2016 Silverado Z71.  Started with the Carplay function no longer connecting. The carplay app no longer shows on the MyLink display screen nor does the vehicle mylink connection show on the iphone 8 plus device. The phone does an endless search for a vehicle with carplay..  Have tried new IOS USB cable and still no connection.  The voice activation feature works when connected but only for phone calls.  No other media or apps within the iphone show on the Mylink display screen.

Then the automatic bluetooth concection stopped.  Once the bluetooth automatic connection stopped all music and other media source from the iphone stopped.. I can manually delete the bluetooth connection and manually connect each time i enter and start the vehicle.There is on iphone option as a media choice on the menu with in the MyLink system.  I have been to the dealer twice and they tell me its my iphone with out checking the mylink softwared or checking of updates.    

I have reset and disconnected all mylink features and bluetooth connections in the Iphone. i have done a network reset on the iphone.  I have reset or rebooted everything I can with in the iphon except for a hard reset which will completely reset the iphone back to original settings.   I have been to the Apple store and had them double check if there is any issues with the Iphone.  All software is up to date there are no restrictions set on the iphone side.  

I have searched the internet for nay issues with Iphone and MyLink software.   There have been some connectioning issues since the last IOS 12 update,  I have done everything suggested to resolve these issues to no avial. It has to be an issue with the MyLink software.

Was hoping someone has a solution or suggestion before returning to the dealership.  

I forgot mention that I have disconnected and tried to reset and reconnect everything on the Mylink Carplay side as well.   I have disconnected the battery cable an also did a network settings on the MyLink system as well... I have tried do do everything I know and have been able to find to do in my research. 

5 hours ago, Shane Davison said:

Having issues with booth the Carplay function and Buetooth software in 2016 Silverado Z71.  Started with the Carplay function no longer connecting. The carplay app no longer shows on the MyLink display screen nor does the vehicle mylink connection show on the iphone 8 plus device. The phone does an endless search for a vehicle with carplay..  Have tried new IOS USB cable and still no connection.  The voice activation feature works when connected but only for phone calls.  No other media or apps within the iphone show on the Mylink display screen.

Then the automatic bluetooth concection stopped.  Once the bluetooth automatic connection stopped all music and other media source from the iphone stopped.. I can manually delete the bluetooth connection and manually connect each time i enter and start the vehicle.There is on iphone option as a media choice on the menu with in the MyLink system.  I have been to the dealer twice and they tell me its my iphone with out checking the mylink softwared or checking of updates.    

I have reset and disconnected all mylink features and bluetooth connections in the Iphone. i have done a network reset on the iphone.  I have reset or rebooted everything I can with in the iphon except for a hard reset which will completely reset the iphone back to original settings.   I have been to the Apple store and had them double check if there is any issues with the Iphone.  All software is up to date there are no restrictions set on the iphone side.  

I have searched the internet for nay issues with Iphone and MyLink software.   There have been some connectioning issues since the last IOS 12 update,  I have done everything suggested to resolve these issues to no avial. It has to be an issue with the MyLink software.

Was hoping someone has a solution or suggestion before returning to the dealership.  

I would start by connecting a different iPhone to the system. This will at least verify that the problem is the MyLink system.

When you say the 'CarPlay' app no longer displays on the MyLink, is the 'projection' icon there? (projection icon is in 2017+ models.. it turns to CarPlay once phone is connected.. not sure if 2016's work the same way)

I'm running an iPhone 8 with iOS 12.1.2 and haven't had any issues. I do on occasion notice that CarPlay won't open.. I can usually remedy this by unlocking the phone before I connect the cable.

I would definitely connect a different phone as the first step in troubleshooting.

Thank you for th ereply.    I forgot mention that I have connected my wifes Iphone 8 plus with the smae reult.  I have also disconnected and tried to reset and reconnect everything on the Mylink Carplay side as well.   I have disconnected the battery cable an also did a network settings on the MyLink system as well... I have tried do do everything I know and have been able to find to do in my research. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Projection icon on the screen? I have all 2016 modules in my '14 Sierra and it does have the Projection icon. Mine tested with Android and Apple. If you have the icon, have you tried an Android device? If not the phone, it could be the USB port itself. Hope you figure it out.