HARD GETTING USED TO NO DECAL ( Z71 OR 4X4) ON REAR QUARTER PANEL

aha1987

I like the location of the Z71 badge on the Silverado but it is also hard for me to get used to there not being a decal on the rear quarter panel ( Z71, 4X4, etc). When I don't see a decal or badge on the rear quarter panel, I think of a 2WD truck.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

Any ideas of some blacked out GM decals (Z71 or 4X4) that would look good?

Edited by Aycock1987
  • Like 1

Usually only the image conscious people care about it, you know, the ones that want to make sure everyone knows they have a 4x4 regardless if they don't actually use it. They are prevalent in the south where 4wd is never needed unless off road, and very few trucks do that. They are pretty easy to spot, just look for tacked on 4x4 badges, a clean under carriage and usually a level with BFG's or anything more aggressive on upper level trucks with chrome/black rims.

Tyler

• Haha 1

My K2 just has the small chrome 4x4 decal on the front fender.  A coworker asked me if it was a 4x4, since he did not see an obnoxiously large decal on the bedside.

Personally, I don't mind small, discreet badging.  I don't mind the bigger bedside badges either.  Basically, I care that the truck is a 4x4, not that everybody else knows it's a 4x4.

I pulled my Z71 stickers off the bed. Didn't need a package name plastered on the side of my truck. I figure the only people who know what Z71 means will know it's a Z71 anyway. Pretty sure I would be pulling the 6.2 badge off the hood on the new one too. I would rather leave people guessing if I paid extra or not. 

IMG_1562.jpg

• 3 years later...
On 1/17/2019 at 11:31 PM, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

As stated above to each his own. I think the stickers on the bed look tacky myself. My 09 Sierra was a 2WD Z-71. I had them remove the stickers off the back before I took delivery. Z-71 is only a suspension package anyway.

Negative…suspension is a part of it, but that’s not all it consists of. 

6 minutes ago, Spook said:

Negative…suspension is a part of it, but that’s not all it consists of. 

Oof, while you’re not wrong (for T1 trucks) you’re really bringing this one back from the dead.