Topper Questions

4 hours ago, Jp sierra said:

Nice , I have a regular cab 2017 Sierra and I’m looking into adding a shell ... any more pics so I can get a better idea of how it would look

6DB600FC-803B-4384-B8E7-0566DBAF5FB1.png

One here in town...

DE14ABAF-BA00-453A-BFF2-6B05063373DB.jpeg

I have been looking for a cover for quite a while.........with no luck. Thinking I am going to just have to bite the bullet.......found it ironic though that you said you build bridges and do road work and dont wanna pay taxes......lol

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 8:17 AM, chefchoy said:

I have been looking for a cover for quite a while.........with no luck. Thinking I am going to just have to bite the bullet.......found it ironic though that you said you build bridges and do road work and dont wanna pay taxes......lol

Fair point, I never really looked at it that way. 

But in my defense I grew up with a self employed father/family business. I heard more than once about needing to make a big purchase at the end of the year to get the taxable income down. Also, in my current role on roads and bridges I am on the Project Management side, so I'm constantly looking for ways to save money, build it faster or safer and track how much is being spent. Lastly, after working in conjunction with a few public entities I got a good idea how many tax dollars are wasted. 

Also, still looking for a topper. somewhere near Colorado. Graphite Metallic paint preferred but not required for the right deal...  

I'm liking the pictures, I think I'm going to have to get some black 18's to complement the topper.   

On 3/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, SS502 said:

After a wash...

8050D3B4-BE3D-4F77-ADA8-A04BBE610FDC.jpeg

No offense, but did you even wash the bottom half? I know I might be more anal about what a "wash" is and everyone is different...Just looks like you sprayed it with a hose lol. Either way, I like that cap with on the single cab, looks good.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, NCPGMC said:

No offense, but did you even wash the bottom half? I know I might be more anal about what a "wash" is and everyone is different...Just looks like you sprayed it with a hose lol. Either way, I like that cap with on the single cab, looks good.

LOL....no offense taken! It's not my truck and I agree (see mine in my profile) about the lack of soap :D...No, I posted this picture (and another) so the OP could see the Topper. This truck is for sale locally on CL and I just borrowed the pics so the OP could better see how the Topper n a RCSB looked!

2 minutes ago, SS502 said:

LOL....no offense taken! It's not my truck and I agree (see mine in my profile) about the lack of soap :D...No, I posted this picture (and another) so the OP could see the Topper. This truck is for sale locally on CL and I just borrowed the pics so the OP could better see how the Topper n a RCSB looked!

I didn't think it was yours, not a good sales tactic to show a filthy truck for sale and caption it "after a wash"...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCPGMC said:

I didn't think it was yours, not a good sales tactic to show a filthy truck for sale and caption it "after a wash"...

Well...I added that part because it's all wet. Either way, if I was selling it I would make sure it was looking it's best. Oddly I see this all the time...people selling their vehicles and they are looking like it just got home from a 3 month road trip...

Here is the listing (not sure if this is allowed so MODS if it isn't I can delete it:

https://okaloosa.craigslist.org/cto/d/santa-rosa-beach-2014-gmc-sierra/6839313414.html

Edited by SS502

I buy A.R.E. commercial toppers.

Not as pretty or sleek looking but very durable welded aluminum.

Full length side doors for access, can get a ladder rack. Had a ladder rack on my previous one.

$2000 for my current color matched one.

uylITdC.jpg

:)

• 2 months later...

Does anyone happen to have sales information as to which bed length is the most popular? I have been searching multiple times per week across craigslist and an auto salvage listing website and have found approximately 2 toppers for sale for a 5.9' bed. Both were not close enough to what I wanted, far away and closer to new cost than I liked. That said, I could have bought any one of approximately 60 I have found if I had the 6.5' bed. 8' seemed to be in the middle.

A bed cap being called a topper makes me cringe almost as much as soda being called "pop" or a hero (sandwich) being called a "sub" or worse, a "grinder."

That being said I see clean ones on craiglist all the time in the $300-500 range.  Was going to sell the Leer for my '04 F150 privately, but let it go with the truck as the buyer paid full asking price for the truck.

• Like 2

Growing up on the west coast they were called “camper shells.” Here in Colorado they’re “toppers.” 

It seems to me the “shortbed” would be most popular. The 5’9” is what I see most often on the k2xx series trucks.