Topper Questions

• 4 months later...
if you’re near Denver can you share who you bought it from?

If you are looking for ARE, check into Scotty’s. He is in an un-incorporated area so you’ll save a few percent on a new sale. He is located up near I-25 and E-470.

I think I am going to go for a Leer 100XQ new from Autoplex in Longmont. I want the one piece construction of. a Leer because I believe it will hold up better over the next 15 years that I plan to use my truck for hunting trips.

If you want used, check Facebook, Craigslist, Suburban Toppers in Denver, and Cap-It covers in Fort Collins.

I have been looking for a used topper for my 2016 CCSB in Tungsten Metallic. I also must have a roof rack. I have seen one used topper nation wide in the past two months. I’m decided on buying new so I have a warranty and the options I want (adding a roof rack voids any warranty, unless it was a factory option).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have previously bought trucks that were 4-5 years old and have always been able to find a used topper at a reasonable price. My 16 Silverado was the first new truck or even vehicle I have purchased new since mid 90's. I wanted a topper for it but the used market was extremely slim pickings. I ended up going with a tonneau cover for first year and then broke down and purchased a new Century topper. They had a sale going on as well as a free fold out front sliding window and roof carpet. It was definitely a lot more than I wanted to spend but it matched perfectly. I too have a tungsten metallic...

That’s about where I am at, too. I bought an inexpensive tonneau because I only plan to use it for a year, but I needed something for that year. I’m all but settled in ordering a new Leer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 5:57 PM, Paul Strassner said:

It’s a 2014 (late 2014).  6-1/2 foot bed.   I’m in northwestern Virginia.  I’d be open to meeting half way.  

Is it still available?  

• 2 weeks later...

Camper shell where I grew up (New Mexico), topper where I live now (Minnesota).

Tried to work a topper into a trade in a couple trucks back and I was basically getting $100-$200 for it. Sold it myself for around $1000. Was a $1500 Ranch topper about 6 months old. Now I have a higher-end Leer topper - paid almost $3k for it. Flirting with selling my truck to Carvana and the quote is exactly $101 more when I include the topper.

I had the same experience the OP had, daily searches for 4-6 weeks and saw maybe 1 viable option. All seemed to be about 75% retail cost. Buying used didn't make sense. When it comes time to get out of my current truck, will sell private party again.