Anyone running Goodyear Wrangler Trail runners ATs?

Did a threat on here recently asking if the Duratracs are worth it and got mixed reviews.  I recently started considering the Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner ATs.  Anyone have any experience with these?  Curious how they run dry, wet, in snow and mud.  Thanks in advance!

Edited by MegaCode360

Standard oem.  275 55 20

They’re considered a notch above the SRA version. A step up from the standard oem sra’s. Discount tire has them as the same price as the Goodyear Ultra Terrain AT only difference is an 8 pound difference, the ultra has much more tread. The Falken Wildpeak at3’s have had great reviews in the forum as well.

Sent from above

I actually have duratracs on my silverado and trailrunner a/t's on my personal explorer and department owned suv. The trailrunner so far has been a good tire and i have no complaints, it does well in the snow/dry and rain...it does not even compare to the duratrac in the mud. No idea on the longevity of the trailrunner as my dept vehicle only has about 3k on the tires and my personal only has 500 miles on them. I thought the trailrunners looked decently aggressive until i had the duratracs put on and they are parked side by side, no comparison. 

The trailrunner is obviously a much less aggressive tire with little to no road noise, i have no complaints with my duratracs but it is clearly an aggressive tire which i am ok with.

Edited by uood8
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2019 at 7:56 PM, TXGREEK said:

Good choice, Love mine!
9357eb93ea4f21673a247f4d8aa913dd.jpg

Sent from above

Notice you have the CST 4.5” lift. How do you like it with their coilovers? I’m seriously considering this lift for my 2018. Do you have any pics of your truck you can share?

• Like 1

Notice you have the CST 4.5” lift. How do you like it with their coilovers? I’m seriously considering this lift for my 2018. Do you have any pics of your truck you can share?

I absolutely LOVE this lift and yes, it rides great with the CST Coil Overs. I’ve also got a rear add a leaf as well. One thing I’d recommend is get “adjustable coil overs”  fa6b481d9f64ad8e93962e6dcfc6f50d.plist

a12f7bc1e1361ec869d79803f235f3ba.jpg

CST Front skid plate

414bb19813cadb96fb3d2339a4bccbf3.jpg

Rear CST Piggy Backs

a54c37d3ce71005837199f716ae078fd.jpg

Sent from Above

You won’t need to change your stock wheels with this CST Lift, you can keep your stock wheels but you’ll definitely want to change your tires out. Mine is 20x9 fuel wheels with a plus 1 off set. Running 285/60/20 (33”) KO2’s

Didn’t like my Nitto Ridge Grapplers at all, they were heavy and ride rough as well as the siping wore out fast on two different sets. The ride is even better with these KO2’s.

Sent from Above

6 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

You won’t need to change your stock wheels with this CST Lift, you can keep your stock wheels but you’ll definitely want to change your tires out. Mine is 20x9 fuel wheels with a plus 1 off set. Running 285/60/20 (33”) KO2’s

Didn’t like my Nitto Ridge Grapplers at all, they were heavy and ride rough as well as the siping wore out fast on two different sets. The ride is even better with these KO2’s.

Sent from Above

WOW thanks for all the detailed pics. Your truck looks great. I have the exact same truck just in silver. I even have the same diff cover. The CST kit is the cleanest kit of them all and the included skid plate is a nice bonus to round out the kit. I will probably go with the adjustable coilovers with reservoirs. This kit starts to get pretty pricey when you are all in with coilovers, UCA and lift. Thanks again for the response!

• Like 1

WOW thanks for all the detailed pics. Your truck looks great. I have the exact same truck just in silver. I even have the same diff cover. The CST kit is the cleanest kit of them all and the included skid plate is a nice bonus to round out the kit. I will probably go with the adjustable coilovers with reservoirs. This kit starts to get pretty pricey when you are all in with coilovers, UCA and lift. Thanks again for the response!

Thanks but you don’t need to swap out your UCA’s, aside of the lift, coil overs and shocks it’s all stock. It comes with the skid plate underneath the diff but the one up front was extra. You can get the lift for approx 1724.00 plus your choice of shocks and or add a leaf, your choice.

https://www.newlevelmotorsports.com/cskc3191.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=cskc3191&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7rKFvqGs5wIVA77ACh0RNwKGEAQYASABEgKpP_D_BwE

Sent from Above