iPhone ringer volume

robsieb

Just picked up an AT4 this weekend and have been working through the learning process on the various "systems" on this new generation. One thing I've noticed and was wondering if anyone had experienced and if so how it might be resolved is when an iPhone is connected via bluetooth it seems the infotainment system changes the ringer volume on the iPhone. At first I though I might have turned it down but I've verified it a couple of times by starting the truck, having bluetooth connect then shut the truck off, get out and check my ringer volume. Sure enough it drops down to the last two or three bars on indicator on the iPhone. The other thing I noticed is that when you have it connected via BT and have the music app open, when you change the volume in the truck the volume indicator on the phone goes up and down. I never had this issue with my 14 or 16 All Terrains and if in-fact I'm not crazy I believe this is going to be a bit problematic for folks who experience the same and end up missing phone calls, texts and emails (at least the ones who rely on an audible indication from their phones). Anyone else seeing the same?

• Like 2

I believe I might have figured out a work around on this. I disabled the "Change with Buttons" option on the iPhone under Settings-Sounds & Haptics and tested it and the ringer volume remained where I had set it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the same issue. It must be a bug between the iPhone IOS and the chevy system. I will try the disable you were talking about. I also noticed that when calls came in I could hardly hear them on the chevy system when bluetoothed in. I turned the volume up on the truck and still it was not enough. Then I raised the volume on my phone via those side buttons and it was super loud. Hopefully disabling those button will fix that issue too.

Edited by BeardBros

I believe I might have figured out a work around on this. I disabled the "Change with Buttons" option on the iPhone under Settings-Sounds & Haptics and tested it and the ringer volume remained where I had set it.  

I noticed this too and it’s been bothering me, I just checked my phone and I already had that disabled but have been experiencing it. [emoji20] min is a Silverado but I doubt it’s much different.

• 5 months later...

I just bought a new Chevy Blazer RS and am having the same trouble with the volume on my phone.  Two different techs worked for a couple hours to resolve the problem and there is no resolving the problem.  No matter what is turned on or off, it stills lowers my volume down to bare minimum.  The techs have never seen a problem like this and were baffled.  They said I should go into the Apple store and explain the situation to them and see if they have heard of or found a solution to this problem.  Going tomorrow to Apple. 

I have an Iphone 6S plus.  I will update once I go into the Apple store.

Edited by Charlene Samis Sayers
forgot important info

• 1 month later...

I have a 2020 2500 and this work around is not working. I go to two ticks on the volume for my iphone Xr every time it connects to the truck. iPhone seems to be unaware of the issue. Anyone come up with any other solutions? I am continuously missing calls after driving. 

We just picked up a 2020 GMC Terrain Denali 3 days ago. We have an iPhone 6s and an iPhone Xr. Both have Bluetooth volume issues when on in Terrain. Volume on car and iPhone is at max and it’s very low. Frustrating. Never had this issue 3 days ago with 2014 Buick Encore or 2016 Chevrolet Equinox. We think it’s the 2020 GMC Terrain, not the iPhones. 

Also have the same issue on my 2020 AT4 HD. iPhone X volume goes down to two bars of volume, and phone calls when bluetooth connected are quiet with phone and truck volumes maxed. Then I call onstar for something else, and almost blew my ear drums

Using CarPlay is the only solution to this problem that I have found actually works. 

It's very annoying. 

Also, my system stopped allowing me to sync contacts from my iPhone about 6 weeks ago, totally at random. Can't get it to sync no matter how many times I delete / re-add the iPhone, etc. So frustrating. Worked fine for the first 4 months I owned the truck, then stopped out of the blue. Not due to a software update, either.