iPhone ringer volume

robsieb

• 4 weeks later...

I also have the same issues with the phone volume. Also is anyone else having issues with the "find my..." App on the I phone while in their truck?

My wife cannot locate me when the phone is in my truck (could be a good thing) but also I cannot locate her or my daughter when I am using my phone in my truck (bad thing). Its like the signal is blocked. This is even with wifi connected.

I played around with this a little more and it seemed to have corrected the issue in my truck, 2020 Sierra 2500. For reference, I have an iPhone 11 Pro paired to it.

I originally tried the “change with buttons” fix but that didn’t work for me. I also noticed that no matter what I changed the volume buttons on my phone to, a few seconds later they’d go right back down when I was connected to the truck.
There also appears to be a couple different volume settings when your phone is connected via Bluetooth: media, ringtone, in call, etc.
I used my wife’s phone to call me when my phone was connected to the truck. When my phone started to ring, I adjusted the “ringtone volume” higher via the truck radio volume knob and it has stayed louder, even when my phone shows the volume only on two bars or so.

I went through & adjusted all the volumes via truck controls & they have appeared to stay where I left them, despite my phone volume showing it’s low when it connects to the vehicle. My phone is actually always on the vibrate only setting & yet when I’m connected to the truck, the audible ringtone volume is always where I set it the first time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 12:10 PM, econometrics said:

Using CarPlay is the only solution to this problem that I have found actually works. 

It's very annoying. 

Also, my system stopped allowing me to sync contacts from my iPhone about 6 weeks ago, totally at random. Can't get it to sync no matter how many times I delete / re-add the iPhone, etc. So frustrating. Worked fine for the first 4 months I owned the truck, then stopped out of the blue. Not due to a software update, either. 

I have been going back and forth with GMC and Apple about the contacts no longer synching.  They stopped synching after the update from GMC in August of 2019.  GMC says its an Apple problem.  At least Apple is trying to see what the issue is.  I've talked with Apple tech engineers and still no solution.  Seems like a GMC problem. 

3 hours ago, Philip VV T said:

I have been going back and forth with GMC and Apple about the contacts no longer synching.  They stopped synching after the update from GMC in August of 2019.  GMC says its an Apple problem.  At least Apple is trying to see what the issue is.  I've talked with Apple tech engineers and still no solution.  Seems like a GMC problem. 

That’s when my contacts stopped syncing on my iPhone XS, too. It’s most definitely a GM issue, as my contacts still sync fine in my wife’s Honda. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my 2019 Silverado LTZ and have been experiencing the SAME thing!.... When the phone connects to the trucks bluetooth, the volume display comes on and actually shows it going down.  Then, with each notification I get, the same display comes on and show's how low the volume is.  The really aggravating thing about this is that the volume level STAYS low, which has resulted in me missing a lot of phone calls.  I just turned off the Change With Buttons setting... and turned phone off and back on... let's see if that does work. 

• 5 weeks later...

Was hooking up my dash cam today and noticed each time I started the truck the volume level on my IPhone dropped to 2 bars also. However I got a call when the truck was off and it rang normal. Just checked it when I saw this thread and it is up to the normal high setting I keep it on. Wondering if it is a normal connection setting to keep it from being to load through the truck when it is connected but then goes back to normal for when not connected. Will play with it tomorrow a little more.. I do have the buttons to change the ringer volume disabled.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:10 PM, GregG10 said:

Was hooking up my dash cam today and noticed each time I started the truck the volume level on my IPhone dropped to 2 bars also. However I got a call when the truck was off and it rang normal. Just checked it when I saw this thread and it is up to the normal high setting I keep it on. Wondering if it is a normal connection setting to keep it from being to load through the truck when it is connected but then goes back to normal for when not connected. Will play with it tomorrow a little more.. I do have the buttons to change the ringer volume disabled.

What iphone do you have? Maybe it's fixed on the newer versions.