OEM 16-17 LED Headlights Added

4 hours ago, ITS_CLN said:

Are the 1500 and 2500 tail lights the same for 2018 Denali?

now I don’t know if I want to replace my HIDs with the LEDs.  Stumped.

depends on what youre after man. i wanted to modernize the front end so the 1500 Denali lights were a good choice for me. granted the output from the LED's isnt bad at all. but i can tell its about 80% of what my 55w HIDs were putting out. remember too 55w HIDs put out more power

I bet the LED's are still better than the 35 watt HIDs I have in my 17.  The stock 25 watts were trash and I upgraded but these lights still suck.  Sure people think they are pretty and white.... but my 05 with 9011 highs and 9012 lows with all 4 lights on blows it out of the water for coverage and actual sight in the dark.  Hell my 2013 Silverado I just bought is still better with it's totally stock lights than the 17s HIDs.  So really I could do this mod and just add my light bar that I have had sitting for a good year and a half that I bought for this truck lol.   Denali headlights and an L5P hood would look good... maybe the LED tails too.

Edited by SierraHD17

If anyone is interested heres a night time pic of the LED headlights. My windshield has 50% tint as as well. If anyone is wanting to do this swap and hasnt seen my thread in the 1500 section PM me. I offer adapters for the headlights and taillights. 

C1eN84f.jpg

I am looking to do the same to my 15 Sierra. Do you know if there is 2 different styles of lights that come from the 1500’s? Is there a specific one needed to use on a 2500?
I really don’t want to spend a bunch on these lights & get the wrong ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, markwadeewen said:

I am looking to do the same to my 15 Sierra. Do you know if there is 2 different styles of lights that come from the 1500’s? Is there a specific one needed to use on a 2500?
I really don’t want to spend a bunch on these lights & get the wrong ones.

There are two different lights. One in the SLE are HID with center halogen turn signal. They SLT/Denali lights are all LED with a GMC logo in the center and LED turn signal. Either will work in the 2500 SLT/Denali trucks with factory DRL. Either will work with the adapters and there is a noticeable price difference between the two. 

I realize there is 2 different styles. One with the turn signal bulb & one with the switch back amber signal in the “C”ring led. What I am wanting to make sure is that there is only 1 style of headlight that has the signal in the “C” ring. From a few of them I looked at it looks like there is a different plug on the light? I could be wrong though. d132a6ee85de12a2cee6cc518bf983ac.jpg

For 2016 and newer, I believe the LED units all have the amber led blinker in the 'C', and that the ones with the bulb blinker all all HID

(for sure, that's the way the RPO descriptions are in the order guide)

T4F    Headlamps, high intensity discharge (HID) projector-beam with LED signature

T4L    Headlamps, high-performance LED headlamps with GMC signature LED lighting
 - Included and only available with (PDT) SLT Crew Cab Premium Plus Package, (PDG) All Terrain SLT Premium Package and (STF) All Terrain X Package. 

Edited by redwngr

On 3/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, markwadeewen said:

I realize there is 2 different styles. One with the turn signal bulb & one with the switch back amber signal in the “C”ring led. What I am wanting to make sure is that there is only 1 style of headlight that has the signal in the “C” ring. From a few of them I looked at it looks like there is a different plug on the light? I could be wrong though.

Thats correct only one style of the denali/SLT light. All the same plug and pin out on both versions. There is however a chrome version of the SLT/Denali light but I've only seen one set so far since 2016. 

On 3/9/2019 at 10:50 AM, markwadeewen said:

These lights are impossible to find on eBay. Where has everyone got them? From the dealer?

just keep looking....and waiting. i got mine on ebay

Edited by jerseytaylor
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
just keep looking....and waiting. i got mine on ebay

I did the same upgrade on the Silverado. I checked eBay basically every day for months until someone posted a pair of lights. They’re out there but it will take some searching and some patience.