Think I totaled my ‘15 - what to replace it with?

11 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

You should work for the board of tourism for Florida, is that a typical Friday or Saturday night? Come to Florida for the sun, and stay for the deception in the bars, who knows what you will end up with!!!

As Forrest Gump said  “Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”

I have a feeling @crushNchowda is gonna take this slow and (assuming it’s a total loss) get the one that best works for him. Just glad he is around to share the decision process.

29 minutes ago, SS502 said:

As Forrest Gump said  “Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”

I have a feeling @crushNchowda is gonna take this slow and (assuming it’s a total loss) get the one that best works for him. Just glad he is around to share the decision process.

Agreed, he woke up today, so that alone is a great selling point to stay with a Chevy/GMC product, he knows first hand that they are safe.

• Like 2

Agreed with you @Nitrousbird on most of the points. I was pretty set on the tundra before ever driving anything. I figured I'd drive the Tundra first, then a few others just to confirm and buy the Tundra. I was blown away at the price compared to the others. The cost is high and considering the age of the trucks, lack of interior polish, I was even more shocked. I know everyone screams about Toyota quality but I owned that scion coupe back in the day and wasn't at all impressed.

Frankly Toyota today reminds me where GM/Ford were in the 90s. Relying on past wins to drive future purchases. The Tundra is still using a unboxed "c" frame, and it's MPG is garbage. Really surprising to be honest.

I do like the previous gen Ram. Frankly if it wasn't for the dial I may have ended up with that. I didn't even test drive it because of that stupid dial.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

With a face only a mother could love...

seriously it looks like a 12 year old designed this thing...

the only thing uglier than this thing will be the 2020 HDs...

if your going silly silly might as well get a battle bot like this guy

9A2E0131-05A8-431F-9949-B39E28EB2601.jpeg

I never said it was pretty but I'm pretty sure the reaper would eat a raptor for lunch.

That white one is hideous. What's wrong with people that do that to their trucks?

Edited by dieselfan1

23 hours ago, DeePa said:

Mastria gmc in Raynham MA has an 18 crew Denali ultimate 6.2 std bed I’ve decided to pass on.  Sticker 65. Rebates to 56. They told me 55. 

Good luck and glad you’re ok. 

Where on 95 did it happen? I’m from RI/providence area. 

Mike

Happened literally right before exit 11 a/b norwood traveling southbound 

16 hours ago, Mike GMC said:

My understanding is that they take the actual full value and subtract salvage value to come up withe the threshold for totalling it or not.  These trucks have a pretty high salvage value, so it could be even less than 75%.

Correct- that’s the ticket. ‘15 truck that originally stickered for $57-58k, other than recent damage in great shape- as a parts vehicle it’s worth $7-12k, if their adjuster assessed damage conservatively in the $12-$15k range & the KBB value is in the $27-32k range that gap gets pretty damn close & they know once they do their valuation & you bring it to your own shop for a 2nd quote and/or they start tearing into it the actual repair costs could easily put them over what it would’ve cost them to just call it a loss cut the check & get whatever value possible from salvage auction. 

Should find out today/tomorrow- but either way pretty sure my regular body shop guy can “make it totaled” if it seems like that’s the right thing to do.

Edited by crushNchowda

13 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

I never said it was pretty but I'm pretty sure the reaper would eat a raptor for lunch.

That white one is hideous. What's wrong with people that do that to their trucks?

Agreed, there is nothing I like about that truck...except the paint. That's what happens when a Redneck tries to emulate "Pimp my ride", it just doesn't work.

Well I got confirmation my truck is indeed a total loss. Local GMC dealer in my town just went under new ownership. despite having bought 3 trucks from the same place years past they simply aren't offering good deals in comparison to what I've found farther away.

That Laura GMC really has some great deals.

I don't want to pay more than $47k for a 6.2 4x4 CC premium plus SLT or $50k for a Denali similarly equipped.

19 minutes ago, crushNchowda said:

Well I got confirmation my truck is indeed a total loss. Local GMC dealer in my town just went under new ownership. despite having bought 3 trucks from the same place years past they simply aren't offering good deals in comparison to what I've found farther away.

I don't want to pay more than $47k for a 6.2 4x4 CC premium plus SLT or $50k for a Denali similarly equipped.

Well sorry but sort of glad...if it was on the border of being totaled you’d be driving a truck that would have had major repair. If it were me, I’d stick to the SLT over the Denali...magnaride sucks...22 inch wheels aren’t for me either. You can always put a Denali cluster (if so inclined) in the SLT and I have heard the stitching on the Denali seats is prone to wearing out. Either way man I’m just glad you and family are okay. Best of luck in whatever you get...and don’t get me wrong the Denali is wonderful but they cost so much more for what they offer unless you get a great deal! ???

3 hours ago, crushNchowda said:

Laura Buick GMC had nearly 25% off MSRP and $176 doc fee, and most importantly NO BS, No Games, etc. And this was back in Feb / March of 2018  

My 2018 Sierra crew 6.6’ premium plus NHT 4x4 6.2 sunroof was 60k sticker. I paid 45k + TTL. 

My local dealers offered maybe 10k off back in march, but couldn't find what I wanted. In addition most local dealers had "value added" BS like paint and interior protection or front windows tinted. This was an extra $900 - $1200 + $499 doc fees.

andrew Quinones was my sales guy. Tell him Terrell sent you if you go that route. 

Well it was time for a change after 3x K2 trucks & had an ‘07 Silverado a while back too. I pulled the trigger on a new leftover ‘19 Raptor SCREW black on black/grey interior has dual pane sunroof/beadlock wheels/Navi/sliding window/trailer control system/led bed lighting & a few other features. Stickered for $65.8 got it for $59.5 + til & had em throw in a tonneau cover as well. Needs nothing else but some tints & I’ll be transferring my swingcase toolbox over to it.

there is no question in my mind it is worth the $8000 premium over the ‘18 6.2 Denali ultimate I worked locally to a price of $51.8

in fact it’s worth the entire premium even if I paid MSRP- it’s AMAZING how capable, fast, quiet, comfortable, sporty, badass, & luxurious it is all at the same time.

only thing I’ll miss about my GMC is the exhaust note. 

FWIW- I drove the ‘19 Ram in top trim w/ hemi (nicest interior/softest ride/slowest & also have me the most worry what could break- didn’t like the quirky dial shift or air ride) - Cummins- that was sneakily my #2 fav I test drove, but too much $$$ & too much truck for me- honestly it felt like a damn Mack truck lol, but the power was insane & the thing feels massive & nearly as nice interior as the 1/2 ton Ram.

The regular F150 I had no interest in, but the F250 diesel was kinda “best bang for the buck” as you could get a fairly loaded up one for $55-60k whereas a Cummins or duramax is $10k more.

the Raptor is amazing. Period. They can be had for under MSRP but you really need to search out the right dealer & truck to work a deal. There will be more deals to be had I think as they’ve sorta screwed themselves when the new one came out dealer’s were taking as many allocations as they could get, loading then to the gills w/ options then asking over MSRP & getting it!! 

Then people started to get wise to this & the brand new gotta have factory softened, some people decided they’d just custom order their truck sit on their hands & wait for delivery optioning it out as they liked easily coming in under $60k

At the same time folks who bought ‘16-‘17-‘18s & overpaid we’re putting their lightly used trucks back into the market @ still quite high prices some getting $60k+ on private party sale or even trade. They hold value like crazy. Now the new ‘19 has even crazier shocks that “learn” driving situations & react accordingly - something like magnaride but much more advanced/beefy. Between the use market, the custom builds, & the over production of way heavily optioned out expensive versions I think the market for these has finally leveled out to sanity.

GM ticked me off a number of times throughout my ownership - most stuff was covered under warranty but it started to get old w/ all of em having similar issues & the truck getting dated a bit. After my experience w/ the early new gen K2s I was all set being test mule for a 2019. Oh- and put the god damn steering wheel in the center position for F’s sake!!!!! Realized how ridiculous that is after test driving all these other trucks.

i can’t fully describe how awesome the raptor is, I was never a “truck guy”- I’m a gear head have a Z06 vette & have always had & lusted after sport sedans as DDs but enjoyed the practicality/size/4WD of trucks- I looked at them as “tools” more than anything, that’s changed now. I’ve been kinda bummed I couldn’t take my son out in the “loud car” as he calls my Z since I can’t put a car seat in it & he’s really interested in it, had even been contemplating trading it for a challenger hellcat, not anymore. The Raptor is the first truck I’ve driven (& ive driven the previous 6.3 one- not the same) where it actually feels like a sports car @ the same time as a truck. The magnesium paddle shifters & recaros drive that point home. While I intend to keep it stock for a while- it’s already very quick- it’s nice to have a vehicle where a tune alone could net crazy power vs. usual route of exhaust/headers/intake/cam/tune. 

Good luck to everyone w/ their GM trucks it’s been a great active informative forum community. I still have a fondness for GM smallblocks & am excited to see what the next C8 vette will Be like. FWIW last night I watched a YouTube vid comparing raptor & the new Ram/Chevy off-road 1/2 tons. The Chevy (2019- forget the exact model name, trail boss?) did admirably/surprisingly well- much more of a true off-road version than my stock ‘15 all terrain was. The Ram didn’t fair as well.

56456076-EA90-4740-A22C-604F5A5D131A.jpeg

• Like 1