6.2 makes a ticking sound, see video

Thx for ideas. Just left dealer, they think it could be spark plug knock too. As I explained to the dealer, that I run premium in it. However I went to Chi town Mother’s Day weekend and stopped at some little gas station and filled up. Beginning to think that might be the issue as that’s when the acceleration noise started. So I filled up today at my normal station and will see if that helps. Otherwise looking to see if I can get my DFM turned off...

[emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Wow, this really sucks, especially on a brand new 19'  model.  I have a 2018 Denali 6.2 Ultimate that I've had for just a little over a month now.  I have a very minimal tick sound when warmed up.  It's very faint and nothing like a lifter clacking.  I own a Harley Twin Cam 110" so I know all about that...lol.   I hope the dealer and GM make it right for you sir, as no one should have to put up with this nonsense.  It doesn't matter if it's a brand new Vette or Chevy Cruze, this is unacceptable.   Hope it works out .....

Edited by Joe98
19' instead of 10'

2 hours ago, ct_corey said:

did your lifter noise go away after warm up? Or did it stay constant 

The noise did not go away.  Stayed constant. You can tell the clacking sound much more notably. It was obvious when it started making the noise.  Very annoying on a brand new truck.  Pulled it into the dealer garage (with them assuming I was talking about the ticking from the fuel pump), and all of the advisers looked up like, “what the heck is wrong with that thing?”

• 4 months later...

My 2020 AT4 with the 6.2 is making the same noise, except mine starts making the noise once the engine is warmed up. I took it to the dealership and they told me it was normal on the new models. I literally just made a post about this before I came across yours.

Watch my video all the way. My truck has a ticking/knocking for the first 10 mins of cold start. It was determined the engine has a lifter issue but they don't have a repair for it as of now. ITs been a TSB for over a year and a half.... 

• 2 weeks later...

My 2019 5.3 lifter failed on Monday...3500 miles.   Working with Chevy and dealer now. They want to rebuild, I’ve requested a new engine.  

Had no warning, noticed no symptoms.  ESC warning light came on, followed by parking brake failure warning. Check engine light came on.  Truck began shaking. OnStar found nothing told me to go to dealership. 

8 weeks old, haven’t made the 2nd payment. I’m losing sleep...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 10:57 PM, Colossus said:

Well stop it.  They'll get it fixed. 

Quick follow up...

Talked to GM yesterday, they approved the new engine.  No push back.  It should ship this coming week, hoping to be back on the road soon.   Will post complete story/experience then.   

I have it too on my 19 5.3.  But it’s a much slower tick and goes away when warm.  It’s supposedly the high pressure fuel injectors or pump or the like. The guys at my dealer started up 4 other new trucks to listen, they all have it. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 9:15 AM, jqcitizen said:

Sitting at the dealership for this now. Have 19k miles on it now. Been complaining about the noise since around 8k.  

Hey, jqcitizen. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important us. Our team would be more than happy to reach out to your dealership if this concern has not be resolved. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN:Forum Username/GMTrucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC.

Aleigha W.