Eibach Pro Truck Lift kit questions

Hey everyone, I have been reading through the forum and was going to post this in the “leveling kit” thread but like a lot of questions that have been asked I didn’t want it to get lost in the 475+ pages.  

I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT.  I have been putting off installing a leveling kit till I needed tires and the time has come.  I’m looking at the Eibach Pro Truck Kit with Rough Country 2” rear blocks.  

After reading the leveling kit kit tread I’m a little confused.  I have the stock 20” High Country wheels on my truck and really like them.  Can I go to a 275/60/20 or larger tire?  I don’t want to do a leveling kit if I can’t get a larger tire ti fit and the rim rubs the upper control arm. 

Thanks for for all your help in advance. 

29F832B8-8772-4B82-9EE2-209FF382274A_zps

I’m about to do my eibach level on my 2018 but on my 2015 I ran the bilsteins which gives you less of a lift and I was able to run 33’s. I did have 18 rims but I didn’t have any clearance issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a LT285/60R20 tire which measures right about 33" inflated.  Never mind what the specs say what the tire measurements are.  They always are smaller when the weight of the truck is on them.  

I took my Eibach kit off after about 5 weeks.  Went with the Halo Lifts Boss Coilovers and couldn't be happier.

I run a LT285/60R20 tire which measures right about 33" inflated.  Never mind what the specs say what the tire measurements are.  They always are smaller when the weight of the truck is on them.  

I took my Eibach kit off after about 5 weeks.  Went with the Halo Lifts Boss Coilovers and couldn't be happier.

What did you not like about your Eibach kit? What Halo kit did you get? What made you change over? Do you have any rubbing on your upper control arms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll try to be brief...  I had the Bilstein 5100's on my truck for about 3 1/2 years on the stock setting with a Zone 2" level kit.  The ride was ok, but I always thought it could be better.  When I read some other reviews about the Eibach kit I figured it was time to try it, plus I would gain half an inch.  My first impression was wow these springs are really stiff.  I called Eibach to inquire about their spring rate and was told it was 828#, about 10% higher than stock which put them at around 745#.  I hoped they would break in and after about a month, the ride did kind of smooth out but still not to my liking.

I had been looking at all of the Coilover reviews and knew I didn't want to spend too much.  The Boss Coilovers are little bit cheaper than most alternatives, but they are a quality product.  The springs are Eibach 700#.

One of the constants that I read in most reviews about the Halo Lifts Boss Coilovers was the outstanding Customer Service.  With the Coilovers and spacers, I'm at 3" and the truck rides great!  I also have a Zone 1.5" body lift so my fender wells are 42" to the ground at all 4 corners.  

To answer your questions, you have stamped steel control arms, and pretty much any tire bigger than stock will rub on the control arm at full lock.  You have a couple of options here: 1) Aftermarket control arms 2) Wheels with less offset 3) Wheel spacers.  #3 would be my choice if you like your factory wheels.

The control arms are so flat and wide that any tire will rub on them, it's a pretty crap design.  Personally I run the Superlift 3.5" kit that comes with new upper control arms, I don't have any feedback on the Eibach kit.

Edited by pewterliftedz

Now I have a lot to think about. Now I’m leaning toward getting the Halo Boss Ultimate Kit but to keep my factory wheels I will need a spacer kit. I have never liked spacers but do you think I can get away with 1/4” spacers, with a 285/60/20 or do I need to stay with the 275/60/20?

But the Eibach Kit is $550 while the Halos Kit is $1200. That’s a good difference.

I ordered a set of Bora 1" adapters since I'm running the Rough Country UCAs.  I inquired with a few different UCA manufactures about running the stock wheels and they all indicated I would need a small spacer but did not specify what size.  I figured with the stock offset being +27, I knew I wanted to be around zero and one inch would basically get me there.  I'm running LT285/60R20 with no problems and when these wear out will go LT295/60R20.

One thing I'll mention too, with the Eibach kit and LT tires I felt everything in the road and had to air them down to around 38 psi to get a semi comfortable ride.  With the Halo Boss kit I run the tires at 42 psi and they ride pretty nice now.  I would imagine if there was a P-Metric tire it would be even better.

I could save you some money on the Eibach kit but I bet shipping would be crazy expensive.

6 hours ago, dcarl said:

I ordered a set of Bora 1" adapters since I'm running the Rough Country UCAs.  I inquired with a few different UCA manufactures about running the stock wheels and they all indicated I would need a small spacer but did not specify what size.  I figured with the stock offset being +27, I knew I wanted to be around zero and one inch would basically get me there.  I'm running LT285/60R20 with no problems and when these wear out will go LT295/60R20.

One thing I'll mention too, with the Eibach kit and LT tires I felt everything in the road and had to air them down to around 38 psi to get a semi comfortable ride.  With the Halo Boss kit I run the tires at 42 psi and they ride pretty nice now.  I would imagine if there was a P-Metric tire it would be even better.

I could save you some money on the Eibach kit but I bet shipping would be crazy expensive.

I just had a set of 295/60 Ridge Grapplers delivered today for my truck, these will replace my 295/55s.  The 55s just weren't tall enough for me, they will be going on my dads 16' Silverado.    I'm planning to put the Eibach springs with Bilstein 5100s on my truck to get rid of the spacers that came in the Superlift kit, my ride sucks right now anyways lol.

21 hours ago, SoonerTA said:

Now I have a lot to think about. Now I’m leaning toward getting the Halo Boss Ultimate Kit but to keep my factory wheels I will need a spacer kit. I have never liked spacers but do you think I can get away with 1/4” spacers, with a 285/60/20 or do I need to stay with the 275/60/20?

But the Eibach Kit is $550 while the Halos Kit is $1200. That’s a good difference.

I ran a 1/4" spacer when I had 305/55r20 tires on my factory wheels, it helped, but did not take away the rub completely.  The 285/60 is a pretty narrow tire, so you might be okay with just a 1/4".

I ran a 1/4" spacer when I had 305/55r20 tires on my factory wheels, it helped, but did not take away the rub completely.  The 285/60 is a pretty narrow tire, so you might be okay with just a 1/4".

With the 1/4” spacer, did you have to change out the wheel studs?

Just now, SoonerTA said:

With the 1/4” spacer, did you have to change out the wheel studs?

No, there is still plenty of thread engagement. I know Rough Country sells a 1/2" spacer, but I would not feel comfortable going that big.

No, there is still plenty of thread engagement. I know Rough Country sells a 1/2" spacer, but I would not feel comfortable going that big.

I agree. 1/4” is as big as I would want to go

• 11 months later...

Anybody have experience running the Eibach Pro kit with their springs, and Cognito UCA's specifically?  I have a question about the ball joint mounting before I do the install, based on another member's issue with a different brand of UCA's/Eibach springs.  Thanks!