UPR Products catch installed

1 hour ago, langston1726 said:

Quick update. Just emptied the can today. I don’t think I’m quite at 500 miles since the install and already poured this much out of the canemoji15.png

1662e431aca83b46ea0026c33816f1a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, the good ones work and you got a good one :thumbs:

3 hours ago, Jacoby said:

I thought we squashed are beef but it looks like you want to continue it. That’s fine with me. 

Hey looks like you guys did make up and all is good. He went from being a bully to now your biggest fan! He is literally cheering for you!!!!!! He is now your personal cheerleader!!! I used to have those when my kids were younger and when I first started dating my now called wife. Now all I have are a bunch of so-called people who love me but troll and bully me 24/7. So enjoy this time before the honeymoon is over!

On a side note...Joe I may need just the CSS for a 2018 6.2L. It's currently running just your single catch can. He has a K&N CAI. 

1 minute ago, 3tspapat said:

Hey looks like you guys did make up and all is good. He went from being a bully to now your biggest fan! He is literally cheering for you!!!!!! He is now your personal cheerleader!!! I used to have those when my kids were younger and when I first started dating my now called wife. Now all I have are a bunch of so-called people who love me but troll and bully me 24/7. So enjoy this time before the honeymoon is over!

On a side note...Joe I may need just the CSS for a 2018 6.2L. It's currently running just your single catch can. He has a K&N CAI. 

:thumbs:

Installed my UPR single valve can today.  Easy install, took me just over an hour, but folks with more time under the hood than me can do it in half the time.

I PM’d Joe and he set me up with the kit deal for $219.  Excellent deal, and the shipping was pretty quick, no duty was a bonus.  Joe and the team at UPR were great to deal with.

I’ve got a 2018 5.3 with 9K on it, there was no noticable oil in the OEM line.  Interested to see how much is there after a couple of weeks.

ECF0EC70-687C-4459-A663-4D335E33D841.jpeg

• Like 1

Will this void any warranties  

I believe that depends on the issue. If the dealership can prove that the catch can caused or was related to the issue or failure then yes. I don’t believe they can void your entire power train warranty because of a catch can. I’m sure there are dealerships out there that would try though. This is just what I’ve gathered from having the same question so please don’t take this as a for sure yes or no. May need to ask your dealer.

I just installed long tubes and had the truck tuned so I’m definitely rolling the dice. My truck is a 2015 but my powertrain is not up until Aug 2020. [emoji1694]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just going to piggy back on this thread as I too utilized the deal Joe put out to the Forum. Spoke with "Steve" several times prior to Joe's offer as I tried to decide which route to take. He spent a good deal of time answering my many questions and in the end, they got my business. As has been stated, a very simple install, well made and shipping was very fast but I live Fla. so it didn't have to travel very far. 

Here's a finished install pic.

7e34fdef084081c523f80922db432d13.jpg

Edited by Capt Bob
  • Like 1

I have a question for UPR , in the single valve set up, there is a check valve in line to the pcv port. Why is the check valve needed and can it be removed, as I believe there is a check valve in the pcv valve from the factory? The 6.2l I believe there is a check valve in the pcv that you plug into. I'm not sure about the 5.3 but I would think it is the same.

Ok I'm sold. I'm at 50k and no catch can. I thought with the AFM disabler I'd be safe but never really put much thought into the GDI issue.  Is the special still going on?