2.7 Turbo 4 Fan Club

2 hours ago, customboss said:

"Id be very happy with some of the gas mileage you guys are reporting. I would be very interested in seeing what a 2wd regular cab could eek out. "

A member named COWBOY ordered one in Texas and I am betting that Grumpy Bear will be wanting one soon that will rival his  2015 Silverado 2WD that gets super MPG with a 4.3 V6.  

Small tweeks can make a big difference.  

Absolutely would like to read feedback from people who have that configuration. The only thing I demand it has is the automatic locker. From what I read a lot of GM trucks come with it. 

Im not expecting miracles because of the speed limit here, but when I move back north I’m sure I could get at least 26 lifetime mileage. Before I moved down here my 4x4 crew cab 2.7 F150 was sitting at 24.7 lifetime with around 20,000 miles. It’s amazing the jump in mileage when you slow down a little in a brick lol. 

How are you liking yours? Any issues or concerns yet? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F-150stxguy said:

Absolutely would like to read feedback from people who have that configuration. The only thing I demand it has is the automatic locker. From what I read a lot of GM trucks come with it. 

Im not expecting miracles because of the speed limit here, but when I move back north I’m sure I could get at least 26 lifetime mileage. Before I moved down here my 4x4 crew cab 2.7 F150 was sitting at 24.7 lifetime with around 20,000 miles. It’s amazing the jump in mileage when you slow down a little in a brick lol. 

How are you liking yours? Any issues or concerns yet? 

I agree you would do well to consider it! 

I’m pinching myself. Today it was warm (57F )up here at 9000’. I drove down 42 miles to VA appointment in Alamosa CO and recorded 31.2 mpg!

Tank average 24 mpg. 

No or low cross wind from south. 
Alamosa is 70 F. 
Out of a Trail Boss driving 60 mph. Im

more than pleased. 
Will report heading back this afternoon. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, customboss said:

I’m pinching myself. Today it was warm (57F )up here at 9000’. I drove down 42 miles to VA appointment in Alamosa CO and recorded 31.2 mpg!

Tank average 24 mpg. 

Alamosa is 70 F. 

more than pleased. 

That is incredible mileage for your particular configuration. Hell I would be happy with that. 

20 hours ago, customboss said:

Tank average 24 mpg. 

Alamosa is 70 F. 

more than pleased. 

Updated return trip: 

60 mph cruise speed.

Wind about the same. 

Temps significantly higher average from Alamosa to hacienda in the sky were 86F.  

22.7 MPG tank average after todays run. 

Leg back 24.9 mpg

I idled for 30 mins waiting on my lady to return from appointment and store. I hate idling DI engines but this one doesn't burn much fuel at idle. 

So round trip average yesterday without idle 28.05 mpg @60 mph no idle.  This on 87-88 octane fuel mix. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, customboss said:

Updated return trip: 

60 mph cruise speed.

Wind about the same. 

Temps significantly higher average from Alamosa to hacienda in the sky were 86F.  

Leg back 24.9 mpg

I idled for 30 mins waiting on my lady to return from appointment and store. I hate idling DI engines but this one doesn't burn much fuel at idle. 

So round trip average yesterday without idle 28.05 mpg @60 mph no idle.  This on 87-88 octane fuel mix. 

PS I even dropped rear tire pressures to deal with dirt ( some gravel) washboarding and causing severe wheel hop, even with diff locked. From 50 psi cold to 41 psi in rear. 

1 hour ago, customboss said:

Updated return trip: 

60 mph cruise speed.

Wind about the same. 

Leg back 24.9 mpg

You didn't make mention (other than it was a trip down) how much of an elevation change was this trip that probably contributed to your milage differences from down & up?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve-2019 said:

You didn't make mention (other than it was a trip down) how much of an elevation change was this trip that probably contributed to your milage differences from down & up?

Thats correct why I averaged the round trip.  Fort Garland area about 8000' msl to Alamosa 7545' and back. I don't include the 13 miles of off road from 9000' msl and back. 

BTW is that a H model UH1?   Flew G, H, OH58, OH6 among others for USA. 

Edited by customboss
correct off road mileages

2 hours ago, customboss said:

Thats correct why I averaged the round trip.  Fort Garland area about 8000' msl to Alamosa 7545' and back. I don't include the 13 miles of off road from 9000' msl and back. 

BTW is that a H model UH1?   Flew G, H, OH58, OH6 among others for USA. 

Yes it is. 👍

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Trail Boss L3B had to make a ridiculously long trip that is not completed yet. 2045 mile so far for death in family and other assorted efforts.   Amsoil OE would have been changed by now but will have to bust past my 6000 mile limit or close to it for this run.  

In 2045 miles we are averaging 20.8 mpg which was killed by driving @75-80 mph to get to services in Indiana from Colorado.  

Drove today from Indiana to Michigan 345 miles and mostly kept to 60 mph which produced 25.5 mpg even with some serious messed up I69 construction and I465 truck crash in Indianapolis that crawled us along. 87 octane CountryMark Fuels are wonderful and really improved MPG over not being able to get my beloved CENEX or E15. 

About to penetrate 12,000 miles soon. 

• Like 1

• txab pinned this topic
13 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

Has anyone used a Pulsar LT for the 2.7?

I too was curious. But I can't see it being worth the $469... I recall the 2.7 has DFM and it doesn't look like the pulsar deletes the DFM. If it did, I'd be more inclined to purchasing. 

35 minutes ago, ESierra said:

I too was curious. But I can't see it being worth the $469... I recall the 2.7 has DFM and it doesn't look like the pulsar deletes the DFM. If it did, I'd be more inclined to purchasing. 

If I go up in tire size I’ll get it. 

35 minutes ago, ESierra said:

If I go up in tire size I’ll get it.