2019 Silverado trailboss 5.3l engine oil cooler line failure

Mine is a company vehicle. It has GPS on it and I just looked at the log and from 7:41-7:43 am this morning they had it running.  Not sure why they would when they were very aware it was out of oil.  Just waiting game now, not sure what takes so long for a response

I have my TB in for its first oil change today and I've asked that they inspect these cooler lines for signs of failure.  We'll see what they say.  An ounce of prevention, right?

• 2 weeks later...

After getting new oil cooling line i decided to keep an eye on the oil level. Here’s where it sits now with 25% showing on dash. Is my engine burning oil or is there a leak? ?

F01202E8-C315-48C0-9617-069893AC5CFE.jpeg

Edited by TrailDemon

Just got my oil changed since the incident with the oil cooler line. My oil % on dash was at 18% at time of oil change. I was keeping an eye on oil level as well. It was down maybe a litre. No signs of burning oil.  They took the oil filter and oil from the oil change and getting a 3rd party oil analysis done  as per my request.  Should hear something something next week. 

TrailDemon

Previous to the new oil cooler lines you didn't check your oil level, ever?

Your post leads one to think you don't check your oil level.

Get in the habit of checking it.

That oil level could be normal for your truck for the miles on it since the last oil change or ?

Some motors use oil.

I'm guessing you have your oil changed some where.

:)

Edited by diyer2

6 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Previous to the new oil cooler lines you didn't check your oil level, ever?

Your post leads one to think you don't check your oil level.

Get in the habit of checking it.

That oil level could be normal for your truck for the miles on it since the last oil change or ?

Some motors use oil.

I'm guessing you have your oil changed some where.

Not sure if you referring to my post but I always keep an eye on the oil level or % showing on dash. The stealer is the only place where I take my truck for services. 

After the incident It’s difficult To find piece lol

You ask if this was normal.

If you keep an eye on your oil level on a regular(say check it weekly) basis you would know if it uses oil.

So I'm confused.

Could be normal and you would know this if you checked the oil level.

1 minute ago, diyer2 said:

You ask if this was normal.

If you keep an eye on your oil level on a regular(say check it weekly) basis you would know if it uses oil.

So I'm confused.

Could be normal and you would know this if you checked the oil level.

Yes I did asked but as you can see the post was edited way before you guys made a comment about lol

45 minutes ago, TrailDemon said:

After getting new oil cooling line i decided to keep an eye on the oil level. Here’s where it sits now with 25% showing on dash. Is my engine burning oil or is there a leak? ?

F01202E8-C315-48C0-9617-069893AC5CFE.jpeg

OK

How would anyone know if your truck has an oil leak unless they looked your truck over for an oil leak.

I'm trying to help.

3 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

OK

How would anyone know if your truck has an oil leak unless they looked your truck over for an oil leak.

I'm trying to help.

Not an oil leak, engine burning oil now because of the oil line failure and blew all the oil out. Read the thread. 

I had two vehicles that used a qt every 2500 miles from new. One GM one Ford. They called it normal. I had both a little over 100K miles. I wouldn’t be comfortable keeping an engine that was possibly oil starved pass the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/15/2019 at 10:25 AM, TrailDemon said:

Yes I did asked but as you can see the post was edited way before you guys made a comment about lol

TrailDemon have you check the level after they replace the oil line? You look like your 1/2 quart low on the stick now with that said if they replaced the line at the dealership then fill the motor with oil to the proper level on the stick and then started the motor the empty line and oil cooler will purge with oil (getting the air out) giving you about 1/2 quart down on the stick so fill it up to the proper level on the stick and keep an eye on it.