Hit a curb at around 15 mph...

Hello guys, I recently bought a new 2018 Sierra Denali, loving the truck. All that enjoyment came to an end this morning when i was going into costco and hit the curb of the parking lot entrance at about 15 mph. The whole truck bounced off of the curb so it felt nasty. I got out and checked the damage and I shred a bit of the tire and scratched the rim. I am very paranoid as if it could have damaged anything internally, what do you guys think? Could I have damaged something else? Here is a picture of the visible damage. Edit: it is the front driver’s side wheel. 

DC5397E2-738E-4D23-984B-5FFB7850FB1A.jpeg

Edited by Juan Pablo Fuentes
More info

As long as the tire is holding air and doesn't start to bulge, you'll probably be fine. If you start to get a slow leak, you may have a cracked rim. If the side wall starts to bulge, Time for a new tire. Id saw at worst, you might need an alignment, or tire balance. But as long as you're driving straight and no vibration, I'd say your good.

Edited by Z71RST
  • Thanks 1

I would say mechanically you are fine.

I'm Sure your ego and wheel/tire took a hit :(

Pocketbook also. Looks like at the very least you will need a new wheel and tire.

Aside from that, welcome to the site and club Juan.

• Thanks 1

Up to you what you do with the wheel, but I would definitely replace the tire. There isn't that much rubber on the sidewall to begin with, but with that big chunk gone right next to the tire bead, that's a blowout waiting to happen, especially if the tire was to get some serious heat in it from extended high speeds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1