Stamped steel control arms

I have researched the 3 different types of control arms for the 14-18 trucks. I know the stamped steel Upper Control Arms do NOT have any support/retention for the upper ball joints should (when) they fail. 

But, do the stamped steel lower control arms also not have any retention/support for the ball joints to hold them in when they fail? 

1 hour ago, Justin@bajakits said:

Those are an unfortunate weak point on the Chevy. they decided to try three different setups but ultimately an aftermarket UCA with a stronger design especially when it comes to the ball joint.

We have a replacement style UCA that uses a much larger and stronger 1"  Uniball giving you strength and better function all around. Most guys will also purchase a King 2.5 coilover we provide which also gets you up to 9" of wheel travel with our shock option.

M165745263.jpg

Ucaaa.jpg

I’ve researched almost every lift/level out there that I could find and A BajaKits is BY FAR MY DREAM BUILD! :) I know the stamped UCA have ball joint issues, but how about the stamped LCA? I like the Prerunner/race kits BC they have awesome UCA and LCA included. 2 kids and a mortgage make those kids cost prohibitive for me tho :( so that leaves me to kits that replace the UCAs only, but that leaves the stock stamped LCA... 

so is the stock stamped LCA having issues like the stamped UCA? Or is the LCA sufficient? 

Those are an unfortunate weak point on the Chevy. they decided to try three different setups but ultimately an aftermarket UCA with a stronger design especially when it comes to the ball joint.

We have a replacement style UCA that uses a much larger and stronger 1"  Uniball giving you strength and better function all around. Most guys will also purchase a King 2.5 coilover we provide which also gets you up to 9" of wheel travel with our shock option.
M165745263.jpg.f32d68eca571ddecc45f2d99e4fd830b.jpg
Ucaaa.thumb.jpg.9b4fd1e82c6ccf2bae1b64ba981d7b7b.jpg
Whats the life expectancy on the uniball?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk