Trail Boss MPG Competition

Alright who can do better than this for 100 mile trip or longer? No cheating by coasting down a mountain with the wind at your back.

Why? Because it makes perfect sense to have an MPG Competition with a lifted truck running mud tires.c00d880b2118c0e6cfafb0a5c80e8470.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Edited by ShamrockShooter
  • Like 2

Not a Trailboss, and not lifted, but when my 2016 5.3 Max tow got less than 20 for a tank average I was disappointed. 

Of course when towing it was a much different story.

Edited by redwngr

3 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Alright who can do better than this for 100 mile trip or longer? No cheating by coasting down a mountain with the wind at your back.

Why? Because it makes perfect sense to have an MPG Competition with a lifted truck running mud tires.c00d880b2118c0e6cfafb0a5c80e8470.jpg

Great mpg, what was your average speed, 65?

Edited by Bftx

Great mpg, what was your average speed, 65?
Usually go about 67 to 68 cruise, knocked it back to 65 for traffic right before I got off. Concrete expressway. 50 degrees, 10 mph crosswind.

That included 5 minutes in the drive thru at Dunkin or it would have been over 22 mpg for 100 mile trip.

It would be more impressive it this were hand calculated averages instead 'happy' ECU numbers. Right? 
My first two tanks have been hand calc within 0.1 mpg of computer. This truck is dead on so far.

9 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

It would be more impressive it this were hand calculated averages instead 'happy' ECU numbers. Right? 

The 19’s seem to be pretty much dead on as compared to the K2’s.

I've been using the fuelly app to record fill ups since I purchased the truck, interesting to look at the graphs it provides. Lifetime is sitting at around 20. Interestingly, the guess-o-meter in the truck is about the same.

I use the TFL truck method. Fill till it clicks, wait 15 to 30 seconds then fill it till it clicks a second time. If this truck keeps being dead on with the meter after a few more I won't bother hand calc anymore.

10 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Wrong, not “happy” numbers at all. I’ve hand calculated a number of tanks on this rig, biggest disparity was still less than 2% off. Last tank I did, the DIC was actually reporting a tenth LOWER than the truck got.

This is exactly the same as what I’ve heard from every single other 2019 owner who has compared the MPGs on the DIC to “real life”.

• Like 1

I know you said 50 miles, but I couldn’t help but post this. Between 60-65 mph from Galveston to Houston. At4 6.2 now with 50 mile range also. Gm perf exhaust

BEF4E1F5-276F-4D8F-B062-62E161521D30.jpeg

4E813C8B-EC74-4D9C-96E1-A05C0093CD2D.jpeg

Edited by Schmoe