BDS vs FabTech

So I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on a 4" kit  for my truck but not sure if I should go with the 4" BDS w/ Fox Coilovers  or 4" FabTech w/ Dirt Logic 2.5 Coilovers... Any major concerns with either kit? Also, can I still run my factory 20s without any major rubbing issues or should I just start looking for a new wheel set-up as well??

These days these companies are putting out the same basic quality. The shocks are where you are going to notice the biggest difference. Also depends what you are going to be doing with and using the truck for. Unless you are doing extreme off roading these kits will hold up. Get what you feel best about. I have always gone with McGaughys with some Kings and always changed out the the factory UCAs.

If you go by manufacturer websites, both lifts will need new wheels if you want to go larger with your tires. Even the bracket type lifts, which some will state can use factory wheels, recommend aftermarket if you want to move to larger /wider tires (maintain stock uca position relative to the wheel, you'll hit the suspension and/or sway bar with wider tires). 

BDS indicates 5.75" max back spacing for 35x12.5. Fabtech indicates 5" max back spacing (with trimming) needed for 295/55/20 using 20x9 wheels. 

10 hours ago, Bash74 said:

These days these companies are putting out the same basic quality. The shocks are where you are going to notice the biggest difference. Also depends what you are going to be doing with and using the truck for. Unless you are doing extreme off roading these kits will hold up. Get what you feel best about. I have always gone with McGaughys with some Kings and always changed out the the factory UCAs.

Well I'm not going to be doing any extreme off-roading but the truck will be seeing some trails and a sand a few times a year. 

8 hours ago, MBSierra17 said:

If you go by manufacturer websites, both lifts will need new wheels if you want to go larger with your tires. Even the bracket type lifts, which some will state can use factory wheels, recommend aftermarket if you want to move to larger /wider tires (maintain stock uca position relative to the wheel, you'll hit the suspension and/or sway bar with wider tires). 

BDS indicates 5.75" max back spacing for 35x12.5. Fabtech indicates 5" max back spacing (with trimming) needed for 295/55/20 using 20x9 wheels. 

Looks like I might as well start looking around for some aftermarket wheels. I was trying to avoid spending another $2000 but looks like I might as well do it all at once to avoid problems in the future. 

19 minutes ago, 2017_LTZ said:

Well I'm not going to be doing any extreme off-roading but the truck will be seeing some trails and a sand a few times a year. 

Looks like I might as well start looking around for some aftermarket wheels. I was trying to avoid spending another $2000 but looks like I might as well do it all at once to avoid problems in the future. 

There are some that are running stock 20's successfully on BDS or Zone, but it's a mixed bag. Must just be the tolerance between wheel and UCA stamp are just right for some and problematic for others. Just don't want to mislead you.