2019+ leveled trucks

Still no response from rough county. Like you said I don't thing they will admit any wrong doing. Was looking at the notes for the new upper spacer. Here's your answer. 

Don’t limit your new truck! Rough Country’s GM 1500 Leveling Kit features an upper-strut spacer design which is designed to improve CV boot clearance compared to bottom mount spacers. This design offers better clearance for off-road driving so you can tackle uneven terrain with greater peace of mind. Best of all, Rough Country’s 2-Inch Leveling Kit is designed to retain your vehicle’s smooth, factory ride quality.

That what I kind of thought. When I installed my 1.5 Motofab kit I was like dam that's close. But my photo is at full droop. On the ground it's not to bad. Don't see how anything taller would fit under that strut. So heavy off roading should be avoided like letting one tire at full droop.  I'm guessing they are getting some complaints. Still selling them up to 2018 silverado only. 

IMG_4604.jpg

I emailed Rough Country also and never got a reply then I saw the live chat on their website and was able to message someone.

I watched the ready lift video on you tube and they talk about how different the new trucks are & about damaging the boots on the axle.

Maybe the top mount spacer is the better option for these trucks?

59 minutes ago, Vmax08 said:

I emailed Rough Country also and never got a reply then I saw the live chat on their website and was able to message someone.

I watched the ready lift video on you tube and they talk about how different the new trucks are & about damaging the boots on the axle.

Maybe the top mount spacer is the better option for these trucks?

It is. If you want it done right, ReadyLIFT is the only one in the game right now doing it right (as far as level kits are concerned)

The video is just the all there installations spliced together. But it show the original installation of them.Yeah Ready lift is the same thing. If you are using there under strut spacer. Is a piece of Machined  Aluminum. Accept for the 5 degree tapper. It pushing the strut close to the axel boot. There even some guy showing it in there reviews questioning it as his boot hits the strut on the ground full turn. Now I’m thinking of getting the Rough county 2 inch full replacement strut. Don’t have to use a spring compressor to install spacers. Or cut the tip strut studs. Just hope it rides the same. But not right now. I’m sure we’re safe on the street. I’m glad I got the 1.5 spacer now little more clearance anyway. It clears but it’s still very close. I'm guessing chevy might have changed the geomerty on the 2019 and up. So installing the lower spacer brings it very close.

Edited by xsquid

I agree. No one has posted anything about boot Failing. I happened to just notice that Rough Country stopped selling them for the 2019 and up Silverado and wanted to share the info. As they stopped selling them for some reason. Just have to keep an eye on them. 

Edited by xsquid

Received a quick response from ReadyLift, good customer service.  Here is the reply...

We have not heard of any issues with the cv-axle boot and spacer. As long as it has been installed correctly and aligned to the proper specs, you will be fine.

For what its worth, I checked my truck bump stop to bump stop while on the ground and I can fit my fingers easily between the axle boot and the spacer/bolt head on both axles in both positions. 

Good to know. Tires would have to hang full drop or a single tire full drop wheel turned full left or right. Like  in extreme offroading condition. Then the  boot will very close if not touching. Again not trying to open  a can of worms. I have one also, just 1.5. Have no Plans on removing it any time soon. Just wanted to let everyone know why Rough Country stopped selling them. They don't recommend then for heavy offroading . I said that in my first posting  of my leveling kit after install when I saw how close it comes when the wheel hangs down. I spun the rotor, it didn't hit. Very close. But wheel wasn't turned full left or right.  I think we all well be fine. 

Rough county put the lower 2 inch Lower strut spacers back on there sight. I just checked. I’m sure it has to do with the e-mails. Bastards !  Sure it make you think why did we redesign this for this year. Is there a problem I straight up asked them . No response.  But it back on there sight. 

2 hours ago, woychc said:

any issues with the cv angles, etc?  Is the CV boot really close the the strut mount or does it seem ok? 

It is super close...my mechanic that I take my stuff to made a comment about how close they are compared to the 14-18 trucks but he said it shouldn't be an issue unless the wheel is at full drop and being beat on like a trail or something. They are a suspension shop that does everything from lifts on trucks to drift cars so I trust him and he a family friend that would tell me to do something different if need be.  I would suggest though if anyone is looking into a leveling kit to just error on the side of caution and do the upper spacer if they plan to go offroad at all.....just my 2 cents.