2019+ leveled trucks

59 minutes ago, Supercup said:

Wish I had done a bit more research before I bought the RL level kit - paid $505 to tire rack for SST kit and a few hundred to have it installed - had I known what I now know I would have  spent extra dollars for BDS lift.  So now I have to decide if I want to return the lift kit to RL and eat the cost and get BDS installed or go back to stock?   If the truck was not leased, I wouldn't even think twice and would go BDS, but with 26 months left on lease, not sure if I want to do all that versus just going back to stock? 

Buyer beware when you mod :)

its whatever your comfortable with and how you use the truck....

Sorry to bring this up again. So I noticed Rough Country removed the 2 inch lower spacer again for the 2019 - 2020 Silverado. . Today when I got home from work was going to wash the truck. I decided to jack the front of the truck up. Wheels where straight all the way off the ground. The boot does hit the the top of the bolt and small portion of the shock when spinning the tires. Lowered the truck turned the wheel all the way to the drivers side. Started jacking the front up. I was about 3 inches up with the jack it made contact with the boot even  more. Tire not even off the ground yet. 3 inches!! That's not good. That's like dropping off a 4 inch curb wheels locked. Just not comfortable with this set up. That's why they don't sell them anymore. So I'm looking at the Eibach strut. Or the rough country 2 inch strut replacement. In stead of using any spacers. Have to get a alignment again. Sucks. Xsquid   P S . Order the rough country leveling struts

Edited by xsquid

I am most likely going to head out to Corona and see Eibach this week....my plan is to run their kit and buy TB CV axles and probably pick up a UCA at some point....2.75 in front and 1 in rear....see if Eibach will install everything.... would like a hair more but whateves am gonna get a 2500HD in few years so it will be fine....was gonna do GM kit but just too much rake and don't want a spacer

think eibach fronts are lil cheaper than RC.....$140 ea and less if you get em from dist maybe, just FYI

Edited by Dunn

This is such a great thread. I’ve read through it multiple times, these trucks just look so good. 

Based on what you guys are doing I shouldn’t be nervous, but I am. I want to go Icon/Fox 2.5 coil overs set at lowest 1.5” lift setting and no block in the rear. Then add KO2’s in 275/65R20 on the stock oem wheels. The shop suggested 285/60R20 to avoid any rub but I want the taller tire that fills the wheel well more, and don’t want “too” wide.

I have stock 275/60R20 Dueler ATs now. They just seem very very close to the mud flaps when turned. I don’t want to remove or trim. Will 1.5” lift do for my needs or will I need to go 2” up front? This is LT Z71 stock

Thoughts?

CE9285D6-8FDC-480C-8167-F540D0C13934.jpeg

DAC8431A-C64E-43B1-85B6-6AB32F69F8A4.jpeg

F37B34BC-3045-4AA5-B35C-060F9A8B19BD.jpeg

Edited by Duramax3oh

So your trucks not leveled at all. Yes the 2 inch level will you should fit the 275-65-20 no problem. I plan on that the same size but a copper tire when the time comes. 2 inch level with a 1.0 or 1.5 block in the rear is a nice set up. Beware of the lower strut spacers as if you plan on doing any off roading. Even the video from ready lift address the problem as by saying. (If you never go to full drop you will never have a problem.) Never say never. Wheel turn full. 3 inch's up with jack the boot starts to make contact. My truck anyway.  

On 3/5/2020 at 4:17 PM, xsquid said:

So your trucks not leveled at all. Yes the 2 inch level will you should fit the 275-65-20 no problem. I plan on that the same size but a copper tire when the time comes. 2 inch level with a 1.0 or 1.5 block in the rear is a nice set up. Beware of the lower strut spacers as if you plan on doing any off roading. Even the video from ready lift address the problem as by saying. (If you never go to full drop you will never have a problem.) Never say never. Wheel turn full. 3 inch's up with jack the boot starts to make contact. My truck anyway.  

How would you feel about that tire on a 1.5” level up front and no block in the rear 

Tire sizing . 275-60-20 . Stock tire on 2019 Silverado with 20 inch rim.  275 * .03937 = 10.82675 tire width. Answer 10.82675 - 60% = 6.496. Answer 6.496 * 2= 12.992. Answer 12.992 + 20 inch Rim = 32.992 tire dia. 33 inch's . Using this formula you can figure any metric tire size. 275-65-20 = 34.074 tire dia. Should fit no problem with a 1.5 level or 2.0 level. It the same width just 1.0 taller. Or 1./2 on each side.  Use any leveling kit in a 2 wheel drive truck no problem. Use caution in 4 wheel drive going off roading.  Tire formula will get you very close. Tire manufactures very some with ply,  road tie ect. Best to check manufactures web sight for exact dimensions. 

275/65/r20 will fit without any rubbing with a 2 inch level. Regardless of which level. The demo I drove while my dealer did my bed liner had the GM 2 inch level installed on a RST model with 275/65/r20 BFG all terrains. Plenty of clearance. 35x11.50s would clear in my opinion 

• Like 1

Truck look good Vmax. Will be removing my Motofab 1.5 lower spacer. RC 2inch leveling struts should be here this week. I install my own lowers. When removing the complete strut do you need the remove the axle nut and push the spline through the hub in order to gain enough clearence to lower the lower control are enough without damage to the axle's to remove the complete strut assemble?