2019+ leveled trucks

On 2/24/2020 at 6:26 PM, TheTicketTX said:

It is. If you want it done right, ReadyLIFT is the only one in the game right now doing it right (as far as level kits are concerned)

I have the ready lift SST kit installed in my AT4 - they have a note for this kit - "they don't recommend use of auto 4wd with level kit" - so if you go this route you "should not" use the auto 4wd feature.  This is only the case for the AT4 and TB SST kit - that level 2" - do 4" overall (2" from factory and 2" from level so 4" overall).  The standard truck 2" level kit does not have this issue, but the 4" SST level kit for the standard trucks do have this same note - "do not recommend use of Auto 4Hi with this kit" - so the issues is going from 2" to 4" - not from standard truck height to 2" 

I spoke with ready lift and they indicated that some customers have reported a problem when shifting into auto 4wd on the fly, having a loud noise or rumble from the front diff area.  They are concerned that the torque put on the front diff when shifting on the fly exceed mfg spec without the added lift and could result in damage.  So going to 4" of lift must be putting some components out of OEM speck alignment.  

If that is true - it shoudl appy to any lift or level kit that is 4" or more.  for now with ready lift level kits for AT4 and Trail Boss - using auto 4WD is at your peril - so that begs the question for me, was this the right route to have gone?  Another poster on another thread here took the kit off and got a refund from readylift for the kit after having an issue.   For me I am leaving it on for now and will not use auto 4wd with is no big deal in so cal.  

I plan to talk to BDS about this issue on their 2.5" and 4" lift kits and see if they have the same concerns or if they have designed around this apparent issue created by the level lift on the AT4 and TB.  Looking for an all around solution, that does not negate a nice feature of the truck - e.g. auto 4Hi .

26 minutes ago, Supercup said:

I have the ready lift SST kit installed in my AT4 - they have a note for this kit - "they don't recommend use of auto 4wd with level kit" - so if you go this route you "should not" use the auto 4wd feature.  This is only the case for the AT4 and TB SST kit - that level 2" - do 4" overall (2" from factory and 2" from level so 4" overall).  The standard truck 2" level kit does not have this issue, but the 4" SST level kit for the standard trucks do have this same note - "do not recommend use of Auto 4Hi with this kit" - so the issues is going from 2" to 4" - not from standard truck height to 2" 

I spoke with ready lift and they indicated that some customers have reported a problem when shifting into auto 4wd on the fly, having a loud noise or rumble from the front diff area.  They are concerned that the torque put on the front diff when shifting on the fly exceed mfg spec without the added lift and could result in damage.  So going to 4" of lift must be putting some components out of OEM speck alignment.  

If that is true - it shoudl appy to any lift or level kit that is 4" or more.  for now with ready lift level kits for AT4 and Trail Boss - using auto 4WD is at your peril - so that begs the question for me, was this the right route to have gone?  Another poster on another thread here took the kit off and got a refund from readylift for the kit after having an issue.   For me I am leaving it on for now and will not use auto 4wd with is no big deal in so cal.  

I plan to talk to BDS about this issue on their 2.5" and 4" lift kits and see if they have the same concerns or if they have designed around this apparent issue created by the level lift on the AT4 and TB.  Looking for an all around solution, that does not negate a nice feature of the truck - e.g. auto 4Hi .

I’m not knowledgeable on their LIFT kits, just their level kit, and it has no issues or “notes” saying not to use in Auto or 4Hi

Edited by TheTicketTX

I didn't think you can use the 4 inch SST kit on the Trail boss and AT4?

2019-2020 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500 4wd 4" SST Lift Kit.

(excludes Trail Boss, Denali and AT4).

Looks like Ranco got in the game finally with leveling struts. I had them on my 2009 Silverado . Had two sets on the truck when I owned it. First set lasted about 4.5 years. But the adjustments would seize up within the first two years or so. So you where stuck with what you had it set at. Couldn't go back down. But could go up firmer. That kind of stunk. They rode nice enough. Don't know if I would get them again because of that. Says it fits up to 33 inch tires. The 20 rim Silverados come with 33 inch tires. So like any 2 inch lift you can go bigger. 

https://www.gorancho.com/products/suspension-systems/chevrolet-gmc-suspension-systems/2020-2019-gm-1500-2-in-level-it-system-rs66310r9.html

Edited by xsquid

3 hours ago, Supercup said:

I have the ready lift SST kit installed in my AT4 - they have a note for this kit - "they don't recommend use of auto 4wd with level kit" - so if you go this route you "should not" use the auto 4wd feature. 

I spoke with ready lift and they indicated that some customers have reported a problem when shifting into auto 4wd on the fly, having a loud noise or rumble from the front diff area. 

Wow, to me this is unacceptable. 

5 hours ago, xsquid said:

I didn't think you can use the 4 inch SST kit on the Trail boss and AT4?

2019-2020 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500 4wd 4" SST Lift Kit.

(excludes Trail Boss, Denali and AT4).

You are correct - For AT4 and Trail Boss - SST kit is 2" level - for standard truck the 2" level kit - is not the SST and does not have the note - but the 4" SST kit for the standard truck - has the same note - "don't recommend use of Auto 4Hi" - My point was the issue seems to be based on 4" of lift or more over stock height of standard truck - which is 2" over AT4/trailboss. 

Clear at mud? 

7 hours ago, Supercup said:

probably because on a BDS or zone lift they drop differential and on level kits they don't...being how a TB is already 2" and then going another 2" without doing the diff isn't such good idea....

from everything ive seen 2.5 is about cutoff point......talked with numerous offroad companies and they all suggested not going over 2.5 without correction....if only pavement obviously its lot less stress on truck....seems they are the offroad guys who do it correctly and pavement guys with primary goal to fit wheels and lifts are really secondary....most here seem to be after the looks as primary goal

but its not that it wont work its whats gonna happen 6 months, 1year or 2 years down the road....just because it drives and feels ok doesn't mean its correct and wont have issues later on.....afterall its a brand new truck so could take awhile....for sure less stress less problems

most of it really makes sense if you think about it...but GM kit does give CV axles which is good thing , but am not comfortable with  issues I have already seen, and fact you lose performance and geometry still isn't as good is can or should be.....the fact they even state that is a bad sign.....and member here already scrapped his when I thought it was what it ended up being....most of issues with lifts are these types of things.....ive never trusted a dealer to have my best interest and really they don't care either way....most will never come back anyway for various reasons

Edited by Dunn

I see the note note now. Missed it last night. Yeah why would you want to do that to your new truck? Just for show. 

(This kit is not compatible with Trail Boss, AT4 or Denali editions. Use of Auto 4 Hi feature not recommended.)

21 hours ago, Dunn said:

probably because on a BDS or zone lift they drop differential and on level kits they don't...being how a TB is already 2" and then going another 2" without doing the diff isn't such good idea....

from everything ive seen 2.5 is about cutoff point......talked with numerous offroad companies and they all suggested not going over 2.5 without correction....if only pavement obviously its lot less stress on truck....seems they are the offroad guys who do it correctly and pavement guys with primary goal to fit wheels and lifts are really secondary....most here seem to be after the looks as primary goal

but its not that it wont work its whats gonna happen 6 months, 1year or 2 years down the road....just because it drives and feels ok doesn't mean its correct and wont have issues later on.....afterall its a brand new truck so could take awhile....for sure less stress less problems

most of it really makes sense if you think about it...but GM kit does give CV axles which is good thing , but am not comfortable with  issues I have already seen, and fact you lose performance and geometry still isn't as good is can or should be.....the fact they even state that is a bad sign.....and member here already scrapped his when I thought it was what it ended up being....most of issues with lifts are these types of things.....ive never trusted a dealer to have my best interest and really they don't care either way....most will never come back anyway for various reasons

Wish I had done a bit more research before I bought the RL level kit - paid $505 to tire rack for SST kit and a few hundred to have it installed - had I known what I now know I would have  spent extra dollars for BDS lift.  So now I have to decide if I want to return the lift kit to RL and eat the cost and get BDS installed or go back to stock?   If the truck was not leased, I wouldn't even think twice and would go BDS, but with 26 months left on lease, not sure if I want to do all that versus just going back to stock? 

Buyer beware when you mod :)

8 minutes ago, Supercup said:

Wish I had done a bit more research before I bought the RL level kit - paid $505 to tire rack for SST kit and a few hundred to have it installed - had I known what I now know I would have  spent extra dollars for BDS lift.  So now I have to decide if I want to return the lift kit to RL and eat the cost and get BDS installed or go back to stock?   If the truck was not leased, I wouldn't even think twice and would go BDS, but with 26 months left on lease, not sure if I want to do all that versus just going back to stock? 

Buyer beware when you mod :)

the kit you bought was a lift kit..... The standard level kit is just spacers and UCAs, and doesnt have the 4Hi issue...

And of course, if you have the cash, go with BDS kit. Still sad they only give you fox 2.0's in the rear for the price you pay... (overpriced IMO for what you get)

Edited by TheTicketTX

2 inch level with ProComp 42 wheels on 29560R20 KO2’s. Had to do a little trimming.

29a83ed7765bbb8a2c6efdd5affe17af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What offset are your wheels and what all did you have to trim? Looking at this tire size with a 0 offset and 9” wheel for my AT4

On 3/1/2020 at 11:10 AM, lsufan1971 said:

2 inch level with ProComp 42 wheels on 29560R20 KO2’s. Had to do a little trimming.

29a83ed7765bbb8a2c6efdd5affe17af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good! I’m wanting some new tires really bad. How does the ride comfort for those E load range tires compare to the softer factory tires? Thanks!