2019 Chevy 1500 AFM Disable

1 hour ago, Sierra Dan said:

For the record, the 2019 T1 trucks are now utilizing DFM (Dynamic Fuel Management).

AFM (Active Fuel Management) is the technology used on 2014-2019(Legacy) trucks.

The 2019 TB custom is afm and is a t1 no?

I assume and remember reading somewhere that custom Trim levels will have the L82 coded optional 5.3 AFM engine only and no option for the L84 DFM.

However, there will be more of an abundance of L84 5.3 DFM engines over the L82 as upper trim levels are more popular.

All L87 6.2L engines are DFM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 4:29 PM, gennylight13 said:

Looking for a disable device is coming soon for the 2019 trucks. I just want the full 8 cylinders all the time !! 

On 6/10/2019 at 3:54 PM, BPVTB said:

All the post is talking about is the 2019 1500 AFM disable 

I do not intend to argue but nowhere in the OP's comment does it mention AFM.

Inquiring about a disable device for a 2019 truck is a loose statement.

2019 includes the LD K2 truck platform and the brand new T1 platform.

Lower trim levels on T1 have AFM same as K2. Upper Trims of T1 have DFM.  Anyone confused yet? :rolleyes:

There are currently AFM disablers available for K2 which will work for the 2019 LD K2

gennylight do you have a 2019 LD or T1 truck with DFM ?  I assume you have DFM because you posted in this DFM disabling thread:

1 hour ago, gennylight13 said:

so I have a trailboss custom so I'm not 100% sure what I have. 

Your new truck didn't come with a window sticker?

PS  Range is a company that makes a V8 module that plugs into the OBD2 port under the dash, that makes an AFM equipped vehicle stay in 8-cylinder mode all the time.  Search for it in these forums.  

2 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

I do not intend to argue but nowhere in the OP's comment does it mention AFM.

Inquiring about a disable device for a 2019 truck is a loose statement.

2019 includes the LD K2 truck platform and the brand new T1 platform.

Lower trim levels on T1 have AFM same as K2. Upper Trims of T1 have DFM.  Anyone confused yet? :rolleyes:

There are currently AFM disablers available for K2 which will work for the 2019 LD K2

gennylight do you have a 2019 LD or T1 truck with DFM ?  I assume you have DFM because you posted in this DFM disabling thread:

I’m not intending to argue either! Just help. All I was doing was correcting you so everyone got the correct information regardless of the OP title, you said all 2019 T1 trucks are DFM, which is false. Hope that cleared it up

Edited by BPVTB

1 minute ago, BPVTB said:

I’m not intending to argue either! Just help. All I was doing was correcting you so everyone got the correct information regarding OP title in which you said all 2019 T1 trucks are DFM, which is false. Hope that cleared it up

It's all good BPVTB.

I did correct myself or further explained the AFM/DFM after I made the 1st post.

Honestly it is somewhat confusing, especially discussing LD trucks for 2019 and T1's  LOL

Bottom line is I am sure some of you with DFM will be pumped about the Disabler once it is released.