2019 Chevy 1500 AFM Disable

CUSTOM Trail Boss has the 5.3 AFM only. The OP says 2019 Chevy AFM 1500 Disable in his title. Why bring up other variants and cause confusion. The original question stands: is there a AFM disable that will work on the 19? with the understanding that they are working on getting access to the computers to make tuners, it is still not clear to me if a tuner off of a 2018 5.3 AFM will work or not. seems like it should since i doubt the technology was changed using a legacy engine. someone in the know please chime in. i have seen where you can change out hardware and remove the AFM and i have seen where you can add a kit to disable and leave it installed on previous models. would be nice to have this cleared up once and for all by a qualified source.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
37 minutes ago, Flatblack83 said:

I have a 19 custom with a 5.3 and afm, I've had the range disabler for a few months and it works perfect . It's better to buy it from rang to get the free updates. 

And if they make one for the 2019+ trucks with DFM, I will buy it in a heartbeat.  That's all my truck really needs now.  Got nicer tires, did the exhaust, did the Airaid MIT intake kit, and now I just need it to be on 8 cylinders all the time.  I don't care about the 1.6mpg different per tank... that's $2.  I don't care about $2.

If I cared about MPG I would not have bought a big truck.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/21/2019 at 5:15 PM, K455 said:

I have a custom TB Z71 5.3 with AFM .Yes Range technology will work I have had one plugged in since 700 miles,now have 5,500.

@K455 what part number did you use for your 19 custom TB. Just the one from 2018?  

I’ve been running my 5.3 custom on L5 to keep it from dropping 4 cylinders. For country roads I usually drop to L4. The only benefit to the range I see is to get the 6th gear, but the only time I use 6 is on the freeway so I don’t mind afm kicking in.

My dream truck would be a 6 speed manual transmission that runs on all 8 cylinders all the time. I really miss that third pedal.

• 11 months later...