ShortyMatt's Reg Cab Sierra 1500

ShortyMatt

Greetings.  New guy here, so please freely call me out an any forum missteps. 

I started out with a base model 2018 GMC Sierra 4wd, regular cab, standard bed.  It has a snow plow package and 3.42 gears.  Onyx Black.  No frills.  I'll try and remember the order in which I did everything.  All work do date has been done in my driveway, which I'm reasonably proud of because I work a job where I mostly send emails and sit in meetings.

-- Debadging happened the first day of ownership... just my thing, costs nothing.

-- Blacked out my front badge with with plasti dip

-- Removed the air dam

-- Cover King carpeted dash mat added, in the color of 'wine'. 

-- Cover King saddle blanket seat covers added in wine/whiteish....  returned after about a month because they were coming apart at the seams in a quite literal sense.  Back to my grey cloth seats.

-- Added a Rough Country 2 inch level (those cheap spacer things that are shaped like 'C'

-- Brow tint on the windshield and multiple layers of Collinite way done by Motoring Images in Lee NH (ok, this wasn't in my driveway)

-- Airaid modular intake and filter added.  Sounds great, I'm a fan.

-- Borla ATAK cat back system with polished tips.  Sounds wonderful.

-- Diablo Intune3 handheld tuner, custom (non dyno, remote) tuned further for 91+ and some extra oomph by Lew.

-- Mudflaps installed and ultimately removed because they were the no drill kind and drilling would have helped from losing one in a carwash or who knows where, so those are gone.

T6.jpg

T2.jpg

T1.jpg

T3.jpg

Looking good Matt and I'll  be keeping an eye out for the new wheels/tires as well as future mods! Quick question, is that notch on the left of your dash mat a cutout for the speaker? I've been trying to find one like that but no luck. 

15 hours ago, Marv88 said:

Looking good Matt and I'll  be keeping an eye out for the new wheels/tires as well as future mods! Quick question, is that notch on the left of your dash mat a cutout for the speaker? I've been trying to find one like that but no luck. 

Thanks Marv! 

That is indeed a cutout for the speaker.  When you order off their website they give you the option to choose the cutout or not based on your dash.

1 hour ago, ShortyMatt said:

Thanks Marv! 

That is indeed a cutout for the speaker.  When you order off their website they give you the option to choose the cutout or not based on your dash.

Thanks Matt! What brand is it?

Edited by Marv88

26 minutes ago, Marv88 said:

Thanks Matt! What brand is it?

You got it!  It's a Cover King.  It's held up well for the year it's been on, it could just use a few more pieces of velcro tape.  Mine is the poly carpet model.  The next one I order would probably the same brand but their "molded" model which is more rigid and shaped exactly to the contours of your dash.

• 2 months later...
Well, things have been happening.  First off, Tire Rack didn't have the wheels I ordered, and I never got around to getting a new set, as I got distracted by this other thing.

So... the other thing -

gs7.thumb.jpg.b6acc38481fa5f270eaa303787400de5.jpg
gs6.thumb.jpg.904b220072876a1a1d760d59c02d2eea.jpg
gs5.thumb.jpg.bc547d2b1232dfe53986dbe0c822c80b.jpg

I’m guessing the 4WD is for traction not off roading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I went to Granite State Dyno about a Whipple supercharger.  James over there asked me a bunch of good questions, and said he had this idea.  In a nutshell, it's a rear (mid?) mounted borg warner turbo... beautifully piped to a front mounted intercooler.  Great great work by these guys.  That trick little catch can is one of my favorite parts...haha.

Down to brass tax... she makes 451whp/494wtq.  Sounds incredible.  Saved me a bunch of money vs the Whipple.  Keeps my engine bay open so getting in there to work stays easy.  Now that it's in and the car is tuned for it, I'd even say it's driveway serviceable (to a novice like me) more the most part, which is great.

• Like 1