Best tonneau and why?

Got my backflip MX4 for $860 0n ebay from a seller that took best offer. Easy to install, folds up for full access to the bed and looks great.

Edited by MgoBlue

I'm new to trucks and clueless on this topic.  So a hard folding style is preferred style vs. a soft, rolling or retracting? 

I just put the Truxedo Pro x15 on my truck, had a folding hard cover from Tonnopro for the last 5 years and just got tired of the poor quality and having to remove the cover to get full bed access... If you're considering a BAK roll-x, look at Truxedo Sentry, BAK has a bad rap for customer service, Truxedo has a really good reputation for standing behind their products...

Just bought a LT Trail Boss and had the dealer install a OEM cover, now the tailgate won’t go down automatically.. do any of you have this issue? Is there a fix?

AA803F32-BBC7-472E-A9EB-AB915874B190.jpeg

Edited by Jacob007

7 hours ago, Jacob007 said:

Just bought a LT Trail Boss and had the dealer install a OEM cover, now the tailgate won’t go down automatically.. do any of you have this issue? Is there a fix?

AA803F32-BBC7-472E-A9EB-AB915874B190.jpeg

That’s the same as the Bakflip Revolver X2/X4. Mine works fine with the power tail gate and therefore it should also work with your auto-release gate. 

More than likely you just have to loosen the cover and slide it forward a bit if the seal is hanging up on the tailgate. If you take all the clamps loose and close the tailgate, it should push the cover into the right position to work correctly.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, Pepaw said:

Truck Gear by Line x stealth...same as bak mx 4 but comes with a lifetime warranty!!

Matte finish as well?

Do you have any pictures? And do you know the difference in the Stealth abs their LXP model? 

7 minutes ago, McCoy7 said:

Do you have any pictures? And do you know the difference in the Stealth abs their LXP model? 

Here is my truck gear lxp tonneau cover 

E38129CB-96ED-4A24-8661-87B9D051E496.jpeg

10 minutes ago, McCoy7 said:

I’m not home to take a picture at the moment....I did not ask about the LXP model because I wanted the matte finish not the glossy black. The Stealth is actually made by Bak (MX4) model...I assume the LXP model is made by the same company. Just a different badge on both models. U need to call a line x dealer and ask the differences.

i did not want the gloss black so I didn’t inquire about it at all. Sorry!!

So I've been paying attention to trucks around me at work, checking out who's has what/which cover, and the one caught my eye as being what I'd like is a Bakflip G2 on a new F150 KR (in a beautiful dark blue).  Super flush, great looking fit from what I can tell.  A few other's that I saw were on the lower end of the price range and you can tell, especially in regard to the flush fit.

18 hours ago, McCoy7 said:

Think I am going to go with the UnderCover Armor Flex.  

Good call.  I love mine.  Very pleased with quality, fit, finish and so far, durability.

On 7/10/2019 at 1:59 AM, cltsig said:

Good call.  I love mine.  Very pleased with quality, fit, finish and so far, durability.

Does your tail still come down own it’s own? Or does seal on cover keep it up?