Best tonneau and why?

4 minutes ago, Maverick0984 said:

Looks nice but there are many complaints about it leaking pretty bad.  Any chance you can hit it with a hose and report back?

I have washed it several times and it has rained. I haven’t had any issues.  May get a few drops but nothing major.  

There is is no way any of these are gonna be 100% water tight.  It’s impossible with the design.  Only issue I see is dust coming up from bottom of Tailgate but I think there is a seal you can buy.  

My opinion is comes down to preference and features you like.  I wanted the Line X coated one so I went with this model.  Truck Hero either makes or owns most of the companies that produce these.  So all gonna be very similar.  

16 minutes ago, McCoy7 said:

I have washed it several times and it has rained. I haven’t had any issues.  May get a few drops but nothing major.  

There is is no way any of these are gonna be 100% water tight.  It’s impossible with the design.  Only issue I see is dust coming up from bottom of Tailgate but I think there is a seal you can buy.  

My opinion is comes down to preference and features you like.  I wanted the Line X coated one so I went with this model.  Truck Hero either makes or owns most of the companies that produce these.  So all gonna be very similar.  

Yeah, understood.  Makes it hard to follow a bit as there are so many that are identical with different badges.  Feel like I'm wasting my time looking at different websites selling the same thing.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, Pepaw said:

Truck Gear by Line x stealth...same as bak mx 4 but comes with a lifetime warranty!!

Matte finish as well?

I can't find this for sale anywhere really.  Their website seems kind of broken, or they don't see one for the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 NBS.

Did you just go to a LINE-X dealer and have them install it?

Edited by Maverick0984

46 minutes ago, Maverick0984 said:

I can't find this for sale anywhere really.  Their website seems kind of broken, or they don't see one for the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 NBS.

Did you just go to a LINE-X dealer and have them install it?

Your local line-x will order it in for you...lower price if you install it

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zoomie said:

I'm on my third undercover flex and my first Ultra. Highly recommend. 

I'm currently between these, recognizing that they might be very similar.

• Undercover Ultra Flex
  • Undercover ArmorFlex
  • LOMAX Hard Tri-Fold

• Truck Gear by LINE-X Stealth Hard Folding

• Truck Gear by LINE-X LXP Cover

Pros/Cons to each of them, I'm not really a fan of the vertical folding other than only temporarily for loading/unloading.  Driving like that seems dangerous on many levels.  Also looking for the slimmest possible profile, with a matte finish, that resists fading as much as possible.

The Truck Gear ones look nice, but I'm a decent drive from any local dealership of theirs and their website produces no results when I put in 2019 GMC 1500 New Body Style.  Not sure if this is just an inaccurate website or they aren't offered.  I'm sure a call to them would answer this but I haven't done that yet.  These also have lifetime warranties which is a nice bonus.  Not sure how limited it is as I have no experience with these.

Undercover's look to be highly regarded but I like the ultra low profile of the UltraFlex but feel I would appreciate the LINE-X coating on the ArmorFlex.  How does the UltraFlex hold up to sunlight?  How much higher does the ArmorFlex sit to not be considered "ultra low profile" according to them?  Also a couple reports of bad leaks on these but that might have been a bad user install as many seem to not have any problems as well.

I might actually be leaning towards the LOMAX because it seems extremely easy to remove for oversized loads but this might be the highest profile one of my list (even though it's still quite low profile).

11 hours ago, Maverick0984 said:

I'm currently between these, recognizing that they might be very similar.

• Undercover Ultra Flex
  • Undercover ArmorFlex
  • LOMAX Hard Tri-Fold 

• Truck Gear by LINE-X Stealth Hard Folding

• Truck Gear by LINE-X LXP Cover

Pros/Cons to each of them, I'm not really a fan of the vertical folding other than only temporarily for loading/unloading.  Driving like that seems dangerous on many levels.  Also looking for the slimmest possible profile, with a matte finish, that resists fading as much as possible.

The Truck Gear ones look nice, but I'm a decent drive from any local dealership of theirs and their website produces no results when I put in 2019 GMC 1500 New Body Style.  Not sure if this is just an inaccurate website or they aren't offered.  I'm sure a call to them would answer this but I haven't done that yet.  These also have lifetime warranties which is a nice bonus.  Not sure how limited it is as I have no experience with these.

Undercover's look to be highly regarded but I like the ultra low profile of the UltraFlex but feel I would appreciate the LINE-X coating on the ArmorFlex.  How does the UltraFlex hold up to sunlight?  How much higher does the ArmorFlex sit to not be considered "ultra low profile" according to them?  Also a couple reports of bad leaks on these but that might have been a bad user install as many seem to not have any problems as well.

I might actually be leaning towards the LOMAX because it seems extremely easy to remove for oversized loads but this might be the highest profile one of my list (even though it's still quite low profile).

I got the LOMAX Hard Tri-Fold, because there no rubber on the side of it, looks great.

What about the RetraxPro MX retractable.   Has anyone installed one of those and have feedback?  They are a bit pricey but offer some cool features. 

Thanks, 

Smitty

Not sure Gator Trax has my vote anymore.  It was delivered today and it'a all laid out on the garage floor.  Problem is that it's missing two screws.  I'm waiting for my wheels and tires to be delivered so I can't go to town to try and find any.

I got the LOMAX Hard Tri-Fold, because there no rubber on the side of it, looks great.

I ended up getting this one as well.  Took about 45min to install which wasn't too bad for a first timer.  Looks nice, can't think of much I don't like about it.  Maybe wish the finish was more matte and less textured but that's really reaching for something to complain about. 

My AT4 with it installed.

IMG_20190803_180441.thumb.jpg.e0072e38b4cdb765404320d198792e97.jpg

Edited by Maverick0984

2 minutes ago, Zoomie said:

No, I'm not sure how that could happen, the camera is in the gate latch handle, the cover is flush with the bed all the way round. 

The rear view mirror cam is with the third brake light.

1 hour ago, Zoomie said:

Oh, ok then. The cover has three sections. from the tailgate, you can fold one section back on the other, then you fold those two sections back onto the third section nearest the cab. There are two straps you click to secure these sections down when driving. You can then fold all three sections up, they will be supported by two rods that look like the shock rods on a hatchback buy they are just solid rods. All three sections are now vertical right behind the window and allow maximum access to the bed. They do block the whole window and will cover the third brake light. 

I actually wonder if blocking the third brake light is legal in all states? I seem to recall it being required by law.  Not like much will happen, they probably pull you over like your tail light is out with a slap on the wrists potentially but it wastes your time for sure.