Best tonneau and why?

17 hours ago, Chris Callanan said:

From the listing on the Xceed  - looks like it is vinyl coated aluminum.  

• "Introducing Extang’s Xceed – a seamless and secure hard folding truck bed cover designed and engineered to greater expectations. This flush mounted, hard-folding cover offers full bed access when open, and adds a seamless and polished look to your truck when closed. Xceed was precisely Extang Engineered to provide excellent coverage while ensuring maximum security and ultimate style. Go completely sleek without minimizing the durability of your truck bed cover. Flush mounted to provide an extreme low profile appearance and engineered to complement your truck's functionality and looks. Xceed’s matte black finishes are the final touches to enhance the overall appearance of your truck. The Xceed’s sleek good looks are paired with an industry-first Secure Rotary Release Latching System, which encases the operation cable for tamper-proof security. Top it off with an EnduraCoat moisture-proof vinyl covering for added weather resistance and you’re looking at Extang’s most advanced cover to date."

Seems to be a good cover.  I've had mine for about a week now.  I did have an issue with one of the latches that I'm having to go through a warranty claim for.  Has a very slight leak, but I haven't tried to adjust since i'm going to have to remove it when the new one comes in anyway.

• 3 months later...
On 11/11/2019 at 9:20 AM, MitchPI said:

Has anyone with the Undercover Ultraflex had issues getting the rail to lay flat?  The driver side rail is raised in the back and once the cover is on it is very noticeable. I tried adjusting the clamp but it doesn’t make a difference.  Wondering if the rail itself is warped or bent.  

6A94CC74-9F6A-416A-9F97-FA442131D883.jpeg

Was this resolved?  I just ordered this cover. This has been the only complaint I saw. Hope mine has no issues. Got a great price at tonneaucovered.com with a $100 rebate which will put the total at $760

any updated long term reviews on the Xceed cover?
I've had mine for a couple of months. Leaks a tiny little bit in the front corners. Much less than the undercover I had on my 14. This is the second one I've had on the truck. The first one didnt leak at all, but had some shipping damage. Also the first didnt interfere with the auto down tailgate, and this one does. I need to do some adjusting I guess. Other than that it's a great cover.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 7:02 AM, ThatredneckguyJamie said:

any updated long term reviews on the Xceed cover?

I like mine...   I like the look of the coating - you can still see the fold seams but they aren't hugely pronounced. It isn't 100% water tight, a bit of water gets inside the bed, but then again, the tailgate isn't 100% sealed either.  Only issue I've had was out of the box 1 of the clips to hold the support rods up was broken. I called them and they send a whole bag of them... apparently they break a lot. It's a pretty weak part...  

The rest of it is great, no issues at all.

20 minutes ago, Brian Jones said:

Wow that is a great price. Do you have a link? That's almost 1/2 price.

I know I couldn't believe it, got delivered today. It went back up to $2K now, it was at $1700 when I added to my list to watch. There is the MX model down at $1300 from $1800 right now, it has been dropping last few days.

First time posting here. Just got a 2019 AT4 and looking for a tonneau. Lots of good convo going on here. Has anyone with the short bed put on a tri-fold that allows you to use the camera in the brake light? My only gripe with tri-folds is that you lose all rear visibility and being able to have the camera would be great. 

I went with the new Truxedo pro X15.  I have tried other brands, and this is an evolution of the Truxedo Lo-Pro which is the one that I have liked the best so far.  It is similar but uses a heavy duty fabric instead of vinyl, which is supposed to add durability and hide the dirt a little better.  For a about $500, so far I am really happy with it.  I have also tried the cheaper Truxedo covers and in my experience the velcro doesn't hold as well.  This one seems really good.

WALLY

20200223_171425.jpg

• Like 1