Best tonneau and why?

23 hours ago, Whipped500 said:

I am leaning towards the Extang revolution. I like that it doesn't use Velcro.

I had one of those once, driving in a strong crosswind and the seal didn't hold - the wind lifted it up and it flapped like superman's cape - scratching and denting the side of my truck while I pulled to the side of the freeway.  Maybe it was just a freak occurrence but I went back to the Lo-Pro after that.

22 hours ago, Sam Huff said:

@akawally how does it seal to the multi-pro tailgate? May be the angle of the photo, but it looks like its not on there very much to seal up?

It seals very nicely, I will take and post a few more photos...

I’m leaning towards the RetraxPro. Anyone have any feedback on it? I have an off-road shop not too far from me that I’m going to pay a visit to. Hopefully the price there is a bit better than online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/11/2019 at 10:20 AM, MitchPI said:

Has anyone with the Undercover Ultraflex had issues getting the rail to lay flat?  The driver side rail is raised in the back and once the cover is on it is very noticeable. I tried adjusting the clamp but it doesn’t make a difference.  Wondering if the rail itself is warped or bent.  

6A94CC74-9F6A-416A-9F97-FA442131D883.jpeg

It may be the truck. I just got an armor flex and it is the same way. Mine you can only really tell from the back but it is noticeable. Other than that I really like it so far.

• 1 month later...

I installed a Roll X on 2015 Denali, then onto my 2017 Denali. With the lease running out, I went to Baks website and looked for the Roll X, now called Revolver II or upgrade model Revolver 4. Found that the p/n for the unit was good for models through 2018 as with the style change in 2019, there was a different p/n for the 2019/2020 Revolver II.  I pressed on and tried to find the actual difference between them. Finally, I got someone to respond, to say the newer versions are 1/4" wider, due to the bed change. I wasn't going to drop over $800 for 1/4" difference as I figured I could easily shim one rail side a 1/4" or both rail sides 1/8". So decided to try to install the Roll X onto the new 2020. I installed it yesterday. I was prepared to shim if necessary.. but there was no need to... It fit fine. The cover is now over 5 yrs old. Living in upstate NY, the cover gets plenty of snow and salt. The only issue are the plated bolts they supply for the clamping. rust. changed all the hardware to stainless steel, so no corrosion should happen going forward. The cover is still in good shape, and the underside material remains in place. The only complaint is BAK pop rivits their name tag on each side of the cover by the tailgate and those pop rivets are carbon steel and rusted... for 20 cents more they could of used stainless pop rivets.. minor issue just annoying..

cover is dry, but always some drips, usually from the rail stake pockets.

IMG_7687.jpg

IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg

On 10/21/2019 at 8:35 PM, hcop33 said:

Hey guys! I just put on my new tonneau cover. I bought it online and paid about $1670 for it delivered. I ordered the aluminum Retraxpro XR because I wanted the option to install crossbars on the rails. I literally just installed it about an hour ago so there's not much I can say except for the looks. I think it looks super clean and nice. The installation took a little over an hour because I watched someones installation video on youtube. I can't speak for the water yet leakage yet but hopefully I can update you all one of these days.

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

For those with the aluminum retrax, can you stand on them? I'm a buck 80 soaking wet....

Edited by Sierra_Kayaker

I’ll second the Truxedo Pro X15.  Love the new fabric over the vinyl look.  Very low profile. Installed it in October and went through a northeast winter and a very rainy spring.  My rear window leaked more water than the cover....That’s another thread.  Would definitely recommend...

I have put the BAK Revolver on my last three trucks.  They are leak free unlike most of the folding tonneau covers I have had.  They are easy to install and use.  They roll up reasonably tight to the back window and you can still see out the back, unlike with the folding covers.  And if you need to take it out to use that last 6" of bed length, you remove four bolts and it's out.

I currently have the American Work Cover on my 2011 F150, and will probably install the same once my Silverado arrives;

- Full metal construction = theft proof, can't cut or pry it open

- weather tight with built in drainage, I've run it through the car wash and the cargo area was bone dry afterwards, kept camping gear dry inside the bed during Hurricane Florence.

- full sized tool box with roll canister built in, minimum loss of bed space

- tool box locks are wired into my door locks, great feature to have

- Low profile looks cool

They aren't cheap but well worth the $$$ as it really increases the utility of my truck for what I use it for!

https://www.truckcoversusa.com/american-work-cover/

Edited by SeaDogAther

• 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, fortplainman said:

Does anybody have the truxedo Lo Pro or the pro X15? Looking at the lo pro because I've never had that canvas material like the X-15 before. Was looking at the bak x2 or x4, just doesnt seem worth spending 1k on a tonneau. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had the Pro X15 on my 2016 Tacoma for 2 years before I sold it. I loved the canvas and it held up well. However some of the rubber gaskets near where the tailgate is started to rip and tear from normal usage. I also did not get a good seal near the front of the bed, but every tonneau cover is like that unless you put some rubber seals in there. I'd consider it as it looks good, the canvas really is a difference maker and looks sharp, and is a good price considering what the others cost.

However for my 2020 TrailBoss, I'm going to go with the Roll n Lock A or M series. I've had soft fold up covers on all my trucks since 2004 and I want something a little nicer and durable for this truck.

I have the pro x15 on my Silverado. Love the look of canvas over leather. Sits damn near flush too. Can’t comment about its ability to keep out water because I don’t drive my truck in the rain.lol
How easy is it to clean? Dirt stick to it more? I use to have a vinyl one and just used a washmit on it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk