Best tonneau and why?

11 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I was just looking at the Leer 350 today at the dealer. What exactly is the issue? I don't understand. Can you post some pics?

The pictures are not great because I was in a hurry, but in the first you can see that while sitting on the top of the gate, it lifts up and causes a gap on the outside.  In the second, I am holding the gate up and it contacts the cover.  This is the same issue I had with the BAK F1.  Interestingly the gasket on the Leer is much more robust and as a result of the improper shape, the gate does not auto drop.

For anyone with the multipro gate, can you take a straight edge and lay it across the top?  I want to be sure I do not have a bad/incorrect tailgate with a bow on the upper lip that should not be there.  Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Thanks. I have the Chevy. Sounds like this is just an issue with the multipro not the regular tailgate?

I believe that to be the case, yes.  I'm thinking about grabbing a straight edge and heading to my dealership to prove it is not an issue with my specific tailgate, versus the model.

Update.  I went by the dealership today and discovered that my issue is not a MultiPro tailgate issue, but an issue with my specific tailgate.  I looked at several others and all were nice and straight across the top.  On mine, it appears the plastic cap is bowed up.  When the gate is open, the inner gap between the cap and the inside of the center panel (the part that flips down) is not symmetrical, where on others it is nice and even.

Truck goes back next week to be inspected further.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:52 PM, Semedar said:

What would be the most secure tonneau against theft and looks the most flush to the bed?

You should check out the Peragon Retractable Bed Cover, it checks all you boxes.  I have had mine installed for about 3 weeks and love it.

Neat. I ran out and checked, looks like 2/19.  I'm not sure if that is considered an early model or not.
Does your Vin start with 1 or 3? 3 is Mexico 1 is US build. The last 6 of your Vin is your build number starting at 100,000. So if is 107,xxx. Yours is the 7,xxx truck built off that assembly line. At least I think that is how it goes. I could easily stand corrected by others on this one. I guess the point is if it was an early build maybe it was something that was an early issue since corrected.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Does your Vin start with 1 or 3? 3 is Mexico 1 is US build. The last 6 of your Vin is your build number starting at 100,000. So if is 107,xxx. Yours is the 7,xxx truck built off that assembly line. At least I think that is how it goes. I could easily stand corrected by others on this one. I guess the point is if it was an early build maybe it was something that was an early issue since corrected.

3, so Mexico made and in fact it says so at the top of the sticker.  If you are in fact correct about the last six digits, mine is in the 30k range.  I'm still not sure if that is considered an early run or not!

I just bought the GatorTrax cover.  It's an aluminum retractable cover with a locking handle which is perfect for the T1 that doesn't have an actual tailgate handle.  I like the insurance of being able to get inside the bed in case the solenoid for the tailgate fails.  It would be a shame to have to destroy a tonneau cover to get in there.