GREEDY GM and MYGMC / MYCHEVY APP

Until recently the MY GMC app key fob was free for previous vehicles.. I used it for my 2013 with out charge.  Now they want an onstar subscription to be able to use the key fob on the My GMC app.   Once my 30 day trial was over , it disappeared from the app. 

Ridiculous on a $50K vehicle... :fume:

• Like 9

That started in 2017. I've had nothing but troubles with the app and shitty range with the OEM fobs anyway, so I'm looking to go aftermarket. I mean I nearly have to be standing 10ft away from my truck for the remote start to work, wtf is the point at that range. The viper remote start I had in my old 2001 ZR2 S10 worked 2 km away. 

2 hours ago, Daly said:

That started in 2017. I've had nothing but troubles with the app and shitty range with the OEM fobs anyway, so I'm looking to go aftermarket. I mean I nearly have to be standing 10ft away from my truck for the remote start to work, wtf is the point at that range. The viper remote start I had in my old 2001 ZR2 S10 worked 2 km away. 

Sounds like you have another issue.  My fobs work from a good distance away, including through walls.    Nothing compares to an aftermarket system for range though. 

2 hours ago, econometrics said:

You get 20,000 GM rewards points when you buy a new truck. Almost enough to redeem for 12 months of service for the fob commands. 

I purchased two new Chevy’s in the last 8 months. An ‘18 Tahoe for my wife and a ‘19 TB LT for me. We only have 9600 points. How do I get/claim 20,000?? 

11 minutes ago, MadCaddie said:

Sounds like you have another issue.  My fobs work from a good distance away, including through walls.    Nothing compares to an aftermarket system for range though. 

All three of my K2xx trucks have been that way. 2014, 17 and 18. So was my 2015 Escape and 2016 F150. OEM range just sucks. 

I got 22,000 points with my AT4. I agree that GM sucks for doing this. I came over from Ford. Their app was free. Also traffic on their Nav was free, except their Nav sucked. More importantly the 2018 F150 totally sucked.

The range on my remote start works from inside my house and I've started my truck from at least 100 yds away.

• Like 1

Yep. My 17 Cruze was free for the remote start and such.  As of my 18 Trax and (presumably) the 19 Silverado, it's part of a package. Not that we need it given how close we park to the house, but it still is ridiculous.  I am only setting up the OnStar for the truck for the service side of it. That is thankfully still free, even if I don't get the automatic reporting of mileage and CELs.

12 hours ago, lebag335 said:

I purchased two new Chevy’s in the last 8 months. An ‘18 Tahoe for my wife and a ‘19 TB LT for me. We only have 9600 points. How do I get/claim 20,000?? 

Your selling dealer should have set  you up to get the rewards.  If they didn't they fell down on the job.  Mine made sure I was hooked up when I purchased my 2019.

They really should keep it as complimentary service. Nobody should have to mess around with an arbitrary point system to get the service, either. GM is their own worst enemy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, econometrics said:

You get 20,000 GM rewards points when you buy a new truck. Almost enough to redeem for 12 months of service for the fob commands. 

But shouldn't have to... fob commands should be free as they were previously ...

• Like 1

I'm on my forth new GMC (plus my wife had a 2015 Yukon) since 2010 and I'm just about sick of GM's cheap tactics. The current 2019 AT4 I have had s sticker price 11K over my 2016 All Terrain and they've removed the adjustable peddles, sun glasses holder, adjustable seatbelts, storage compartment in the front doors, the OH Sh!t handles and turning signals in the mirrors. Granted, they have added a HUD, heated rear seats and rear A/C vents but really? 11K more then nickel and dime me on remote start on an app? What gives GM, are you really hurting that bad that you can't throw this small perk in for more than a month? What a kick in the nuts!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, robsieb said:

I'm on my forth new GMC (plus my wife had a 2015 Yukon) since 2010 and I'm just about sick of GM's cheap tactics. The current 2019 AT4 I have had s sticker price 11K over my 2016 All Terrain and they've removed the adjustable peddles, sun glasses holder, adjustable seatbelts, storage compartment in the front doors, the OH Sh!t handles and turning signals in the mirrors. Granted, they have added a HUD, heated rear seats and rear A/C vents but really? 11K more then nickel and dime me on remote start on an app? What gives GM, are you really hurting that bad that you can't throw this small perk in for more than a month? What a kick in the nuts!!!

I've said it before but they're doing everything in their power to make sure to send their loyal customers to the competition for a good look. The heated rear seats and vents have been standard fare on the competition for years. Imagine paying almost $90K for a 2020 Denali HD and with no adjustable pedals. Who are the yes men approving this strategy?

• Like 1