GREEDY GM and MYGMC / MYCHEVY APP

5 hours ago, Big Sky Eric said:

This is BS.  My 2014 Equinox LT gave you remote start/key fob for 5 years.  Now you get it for 3 months?  I am about to purchase my 2019 Silverado this week, but that does factor into the equation.  

Maybe you can work it into the deal on the truck. Otherwise you can always use your phone to unlock the truck by calling onstar and telling them you locked your keys in the truck and your dog is trapped inside or something lol. I've heard that it works every time.

Edited by HondaHawkGT
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Maybe you can work it into the deal on the truck. Otherwise you can always use your phone to unlock the truck by calling onstar and telling them you locked your keys in the truck and your dog is trapped inside or something lol. I've heard that it works every time.

Buddy tried that once, they wouldn’t do it. 

Onstar will unlock your truck at anytime...you just have to shell out the credit card and subscribe.  I inquired about this with my Equinox (what would happen after 5 years up and need to get into the vehicle if I lock my keys in it).

That does suck that it is now only for 3 months...it was a cool feature that GM had over their competitors and part of the new vehicle experience.

After the free three mos, I called and said $150/yr is too much for remote start, cancel it all. They offered $99/yr and I paid it. With it being 100* in FL for the last two months, it is very much worth it. 

On another note, have any of you parked the truck, left it running, but locked it and took the fob with you into a convenience store or quick 10mins away from the truck to keep it running vs turn off and then remote start? I did this Saturday running into the pet food store. I'm thinking from a theft perspective, doing the remote start would prevent someone from taking the truck. Or would they still be able to step on the brake and go without the fob?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UGADawgs said:

After the free three mos, I called and said $150/yr is too much for remote start, cancel it all. They offered $99/yr and I paid it. With it being 100* in FL for the last two months, it is very much worth it. 

On another note, have any of you parked the truck, left it running, but locked it and took the fob with you into a convenience store or quick 10mins away from the truck to keep it running vs turn off and then remote start? I did this Saturday running into the pet food store. I'm thinking from a theft perspective, doing the remote start would prevent someone from taking the truck. Or would they still be able to step on the brake and go without the fob?

The key fob seems to work from plenty far away for me.  Also I don't ever leave it running unless I have someone in the truck while I go inside.  Even if it's just a quick in and out I turn it off.  Usually doesn't get hot enough to make a difference.  I live in Texas so it's plenty hot here.  I don't think I would want another vehicle without remote start though lol.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MacLaren said:

So, I just called GM regarding my 20,000 points for buying the new truck. They told me that if it wasnt on my account after 15 days of enrolling, then they would add it. 

How do I check this/where do I login?

On 7/2/2019 at 9:40 AM, NHAT4 said:

Sure, then give me the option to just buy the key fob app,  and not entire onstar subscription..

On 7/4/2019 at 12:26 AM, ddanis60 said:

you have to ask for it, but the basic key fob part of the app is avail for 9.99 a month. i still won't pay for it, but it is an option over the cheapest advertised package. 

From what i know (unless it has since been updated) you have to subscribe to a 14.99 per month plan to get "remote access". Now you may be able to haggle and get it down to 9.99, but that is not advertised anywhere. Either way, I won't be paying for that once my free 5 years expire next summer. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable 1 time fee to activate it as long as I own the vehicle. But no way I'm doing a monthly subscription. Onstar is just another scam to separate us from more of our money.

Advanced issues found

2 hours ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

The key fob seems to work from plenty far away for me. 

Are you saying you can start your truck with the fob outside the vehicle? If so, I'd have that checked out. I can hold mine outside the window while I'm sitting in the driver's seat and it will give me the "no remote detected" message if I step on the brake and push the start button. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

Pretty sure the truck turns off after 10 min if the fob is not in the truck. I read this somewhere. 

I do this a lot, actually... just leave the truck running and keep the fob in my pocket. 

The real question is... if the truck is in DRIVE and going down the road without the fob in it after 10 min of running, does it just shut down while going 55mph down the highway? 

Who wants to YouTube test this for us? Lol 

Pretty sure the truck turns off after 10 min if the fob is not in the truck. I read this somewhere. 

I do this a lot, actually... just leave the truck running and keep the fob in my pocket. 

The real question is... if the truck is in DRIVE and going down the road without the fob in it after 10 min of running, does it just shut down while going 55mph down the highway? 

Who wants to YouTube test this for us? Lol 

No. Only if in park. A common way to avoid the vehicle shutting off while idling is to pop the trans into neutral and keep your parking brake on. I wouldn’t do this, but it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk