GREEDY GM and MYGMC / MYCHEVY APP

9 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

While it is true that they built the network for safety and crash response functions, that does not mean that their is not a cost associated with maintaining and upgrading that network at a regular interval. 

I mostly agree with you, but keep in mind the network they are using is AT&T's cell towers. Those do not cost GM anything, (unless they pay a usage fee). But the software/hardware sitting in some room in Detroit does need some maintenance.

This system only works because each new vehicle essentially has a cell phone built into it. The hardware in the vehicle is never upgraded though. Maybe some software upgrades along the way.

at the end of the day, the network already exists and is paid for by regular Onstar subscribers. We just want to push a button on an app once a month. They don't care about us because they aren't making any money off us.

On 7/17/2019 at 6:05 PM, Philipgonzales3 said:

For anyone wondering about the points, I bought my truck a couple of months ago and didn't have the 20,000 reward points.  I called Chevy and they added 21,000 points.  Was a painless process.  

https://www.gm.com/contact-us.html

To you and everyone else that posted about this issue, Thanks. I followed the link, called them and within five minutes I had my 20k points added to my account. Would never have known about this otherwise. They say it's the small details that count the most, and my dealer left this detail out. I will discuss this with the GM when I go in to use my points.

• Like 1

Nothing is free in today's world, does it honestly surprise you? Took my wife's Canyon in for a free oil change and rotate and came out with a bill for 24 lug nuts for $150 because they "were corroded and wouldn't torque properly" when I asked to see them I was informed they were at the bottom of the scrap bin. This is the type of world we live in today, get used to it, nothing will get any better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Nothing is free in today's world, does it honestly surprise you? Took my wife's Canyon in for a free oil change and rotate and came out with a bill for 24 lug nuts for $150 because they "were corroded and wouldn't torque properly" when I asked to see them I was informed they were at the bottom of the scrap bin. This is the type of world we live in today, get used to it, nothing will get any better. 

That's why I always tell them to ask me in advance before they do anything that will cost me extra.

1 hour ago, L86 All Terrain said:

I would have stood there with the service manager, until they showed me the worn-out lugs. No part is to be discarded until after the client customer leaves. If they don't produce the lug nuts I wouldn't pay for it

• Like 1

Absolutely zero percent chance I would pay for that. They can pound sand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I can just picture what my daddy would've done had that happened to him.

....."Bottom of the scrap bin hell.....son, I'm too old a cat, to be shit by a kitten....

He wouldn't have paid to say the least. 

I just tell them in advance to ask first before doing anything.  And, most places do!

That's real crap outta that dealer imo

Edited by MacLaren

5 hours ago, Controller23 said:

Absolutely zero percent chance I would pay for that. They can pound sand

Believe me I wanted to, but not a big deal, it's a business truck. I know they were fine, the truck was only 3 years old at the time, GM's components dont rust that fast (with exception to Z71 Ranchos). Maybe they were bad? Canyon calls for 130-150lb-ft on the wheel nuts but I have my doubts. But I also perform service work for this dealer, that happen to have a large expansion plan which would result in a huge job for my company, so I will take the $150 hit rather than spoil the water and miss billing them back lug nuts x 1000. 

So, GM just added 20,000 points to my account. That brings me up to 21,000 points. 
I wander what that would buy?

It equals $100 certificate.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

What a rude awakening in coming back from vacation and trying to remote start the car to cool it down only to find out the rug was pulled out from under me! I have been using it since I bought new in 2014 and grew very accustom to having Alexa start my vehicle in the AM as part of a morning routine. Just kinda crappy how it was suddenly taken away. BOOOOO GMC BOOOOO!!!!

I purchased my truck in August 2019.  Never had the 20k points loaded to my account either.  Went to the website and used the chat feature.  2 minute chat got me the 20k points, plus 2,500 more for it not loading right the first time.

Well worth the time if you're missing the points.

5 hours ago, BowtieSquatch said:

Shoot the new Alexa requires a data plan from onstar to use her.  Thats BS

Why exactly do you believe this is BS?  The truck needs a connection to Amazon's servers, hence an internet connection is needed.  And GM likely doesn't want to deal with the bazillion tech support calls they would get to support internet connections via your phone...