I bought the Trail Boss with the mechanicals I wanted but am  trying do do a couple oem upgrades. I got the custom TB crew/short box. Trying to find oem parts currently are like pulling teeth, most sites only have accessories up. So was hoping that a GM parts guy would see this and help out...maybe. Looking for a parts breakdown or part #'s if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Peace

List:

1) would like to upgrade jump seat/ arm rest to either the jump/arm with both storage compartments or if possible the whole center console like in the LT. Found this for 700 but no part #'s

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-SILVERADO-SIERRA-CONSOLE-JUMP-SEAT-JUMPSEAT-TAKE-OUT-BLACK-CLOTH/183881121829?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

2) Looking for the cold air intake (does having the L82 instead of the L84 change my options? Was considering this.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/performance/2019-silverado-1500-air-intake-kit-performance-cold-air-53l-engine/84789802-p-92300615.html

3) Can just the front skid/splash plate be had by its self or do I have to get the full set? Like this maybe.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23176881-2015-2019-Cadillac-Chevrolet-GMC-OEM-V8-Engine-Under-Body-Shield-NEW/271607751458?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

4) The blacked out bow tie grill, can I get just the horizontal bar section or do I need the whole grill section. If ones even available for the custom.

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-grille-pkg-frt-black-insta-84320548.html

5) adding the audio steering wheel controls. Is it wired to upgrade or do I need a switch and wiring and sw trim piece done to upgrade?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-NEW-Steering-Wheel-Radio-Audio-Control-Switch-14-19-Chevrolet-23262276/202358998196?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I can tell you that those radio controls are for the old body style. You may need a whole steering wheel plus the harness and then have the BCM flashed at the dealer. There controls on the new body style look like this...84944e964893e89d3d2ae6d6331aa9eb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1- There has been much discussion about this and some people have swapped to the higher trimmed jump seat with storage. If you do a search the thread should pop up. I am on mobile right now and can’t easily link it.

2- Don’t know but doubt it due to the programming they have to do after install and difference in the computers between the two engines

4-  The grill is all one piece but the Custom has different sized / style headlights so swapping just the grill won’t work. Lights would also need to be changed to the LT and up examples and appropriately rewired/ adapted with harnessed that don’t exist yet.

5- As said, those are the controls for the old truck, and they aren’t even the radio controls. The buttons on the front change options on the DIC in the cluster. Radio controls are on the back of the steering wheel. Since your cluster is different (with a dial on the cluster to change pages) the front buttons won’t work with it, but maybe it’s possible to use the back ones.

The issue with the last two mods especially is just that nobody has done it yet.

GM is pretty lacking on accessories, mostly just bolt on stuff. I work for Subaru and they offer tons of stuff and anything electrical the wiring is preexisting, plug and play. I like gm products, that's all I drive but some after sale upgrades would be nice and seems they would make money off such. Idk

Why not have gotten an LT to start with and you would have had everything your wanting to add and no hassle doing it. I know the custom is cheaper but adding everything you want if it is even an option would run into quite a bit. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

Could have gotten the LT but really only liked the front end better. Didnt want all the electronics and thought that sticking with the L82 that they were putting in the customs was the better choice for me ( no start stop. or possible first year issues that may popup in the new L84) I could be wrong though. The audio controls I had listed stated they were for a 19 and knew they looked different but was hoping if plug and play they just wouldnt control center screen. Audio controls are sounding out of the question. would have been nice. Just need a couple upgrades to get her there.

• 1 month later...

I've learned that if you add upgrades after the fact, even if they're GM factory parts or accessories, some items that require programming may require an unlock code from GM for software installation, and GM may not supply the unlock code if the truck was missing a particular RPO from the factory. They go by the factory build sheet for your VIN regardless of any upgrades you've done. So in some cases you may be able to physically swap in an upgraded part, but risk being SOL on the programming required to use it. YMMV, but yes it is always better to just buy the truck with the options you really want to begin with.

Edited by UncleDave