So I did something yesterday...

9 hours ago, tmar480 said:

Hahaha damn you really feel pretty strong about this topic? Must have spent your entire friday night thinking about what to say to me lmao. I have no reason to lie or misinform people on this thread. Once I get the letter I will happily post it just so you can "sleep better" since you probably didn't sleep a full 8 hours since you were trying to type this whole paragraph out late at night 

I happened to be up working on my 3d printer.  They are not the quickest printers around, and at my age, it does not take much to get a response.  I feel strongly about people dreaming shit up and then presenting it as factual.  You are in too deep now.  If you are going to post the letter, you had better find something that would look something that sounds just legal enough to sound factual, but not too deep because they are expecting the mid-line of intelligence to be reading and understanding it.  If you have read any of my posts, I will cover all the points in detail, just the way I am.  Does not matter time of day.  

Wow, because GM didn't tell him to shove it like you all thought they should, he's lying. There sure are a lot of back seat drivers on here. How about posting proof he's lying. Or you just think he is, so that's good enough to start calling him a liar and now its up to him to "prove his innocence". That sure sounds familiar. 

Anyone on here with a similar first hand experience to the contrary of this guys experience? That would be more helpful than what you think should have happened. And if you say you do, be prepared to prove it as well if that's the standard.

If this guy is on the up and up, you're the one blowing hot air cluttering the thread with BS.

Edited by typ0

1 hour ago, typ0 said:

Wow, because GM didn't tell him to shove it like you all thought they should, he's lying. There sure are a lot of back seat drivers on here. How about posting proof he's lying. Or you just think he is, so that's good enough to start calling him a liar and now its up to him to "prove his innocence". That sure sounds familiar. 

Anyone on here with a similar first hand experience to the contrary of this guys experience? That would be more helpful than what you think should have happened. And if you say you do, be prepared to prove it as well if that's the standard.

If this guy is on the up and up, you're the one blowing hot air cluttering the thread with BS.

Let me see if I understand what you are asking of me, you want me to prove what he is claiming never happened?  And just how could I prove that?  How about I hold up my empty wallet and say "see, nothing here.", would that be sufficient?

I have decades of working in dealerships and never had any hint of what he is claiming happened.  I also have decades of experience of buying new cars, a couple of which spent weeks of time in for repair in the first 6 months (87 mustang lx 5.0, 3 engine rebuilds before they finally put a brand new engine in.  I had to be there when it was put in so I would know it got brand new not some exchange engine).  Try to get permission to go watch them work on your car for a day. 

What he is saying has too many liability holes in it.  He is not saying that they are paying his out of pocket expenses due completely to the squeak noise from his dash that he could have turned a knob on his dash a quarter turn and the noise would be gone.  He is claiming $8k at least to just STFU and go away, completely free to sell this truck to someone else with full warranty still in place, for the new purchaser completely able to repeat the same crap.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Pic of check or it didn’t happen. You can blur out any info you don’t want seen. Just need to see the amount and from GM. Let’s clear this all up as soon as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once I get it, sure thing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doug_Scott said:

Let me see if I understand what you are asking of me, you want me to prove what he is claiming never happened?  And just how could I prove that?  How about I hold up my empty wallet and say "see, nothing here.", would that be sufficient?

I have decades of working in dealerships and never had any hint of what he is claiming happened.  I also have decades of experience of buying new cars, a couple of which spent weeks of time in for repair in the first 6 months (87 mustang lx 5.0, 3 engine rebuilds before they finally put a brand new engine in.  I had to be there when it was put in so I would know it got brand new not some exchange engine).  Try to get permission to go watch them work on your car for a day. 

What he is saying has too many liability holes in it.  He is not saying that they are paying his out of pocket expenses due completely to the squeak noise from his dash that he could have turned a knob on his dash a quarter turn and the noise would be gone.  He is claiming $8k at least to just STFU and go away, completely free to sell this truck to someone else with full warranty still in place, for the new purchaser completely able to repeat the same crap.

I guess what I would have to say to you would be, this isn't going through a dealership lol.. It's GM legal people dealing with this and my legal team. I'm not too sure where the "I have decades of working in dealerships" has anything to do with this? Liability holes, thats where my lawyer comes into play to make sure there isn't on my side and if there is there would be a problem. So let me know if you have any legal experience when dealing with this type of issue, if not kinda hard for your "experience" to be useful here

12 hours ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Pic of check or it didn’t happen. You can blur out any info you don’t want seen. Just need to see the amount and from GM. Let’s clear this all up as soon as you can.

You have a picture of you great-great-great-great grandfathers birth? As ridiculous as that question sounds so is the taunt that not having a photo cancels reality. :idiot:

Who cares, it’s a forum where advice is given and taken from and to complete strangers with no proof of anything, just like watching CNN or ABC News, just assumptions and hunches. Congrats to OP and now you can finally put this thread to rest, “THE END”

[emoji6]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

You have a picture of you great-great-great-great grandfathers birth? As ridiculous as that question sounds so is the taunt that not having a photo cancels reality. :idiot:

Somebody once showed me a photo of a Sasquatch wonder if that means they really do exist?

You have a picture of you great-great-great-great grandfathers birth? As ridiculous as that question sounds so is the taunt that not having a photo cancels reality. default_idiot.gif

Here you go. Found the photo of my great great great great great grandfather. Oh look, and he sitting right next to grumpy bear. Go back to sleep you old fart. 56cdce7ad9904f7c8ec8721bc1047786.jpg

• Haha 1

Grumpy Bear is an intellectual with lots of experience, most of his responses fly over the heads of the majority in this forum, it’s nice having someone with actual life experiences giving their input versus he said she said.
I’ve made it a must associating myself with older more experienced people throughout my life, success comes by learning and applying one self.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Here you go. Found the photo of my great great great great great grandfather. Oh look, and he sitting right next to grumpy bear. Go back to sleep you old fart. 56cdce7ad9904f7c8ec8721bc1047786.jpg

Ignorant and impertinent. 

:wtf:

That photo gets you back no earlier than the 1860's. My great grandfathers time.

Four greats would take you back before photo's whelp. 

An impossible request with a purpose.

The world's first photograph (by camera) was taken in 1826. Was the point of the exercise.

:crackup:

You did catch me on a good hair day though. 

:thumbs:

Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1