Sunroof opens by itself, then won't close

Hello.  I was going down the road yesterday and the sunroof spontaneously and autonomously opened.  I immediately tried to close it, but it wouldn't for several minutes.  Finally, it closed.  A few more times during the day, every time I started the truck, the sunroof reopened and again took several minutes before it would close.  When I got home, I figured out which fuse controlled the sunroof and removed it to keep this from happening.  The last thing I need is for it to open when it's pouring rain out, and with my luck it wouldn't close again at all.

So, does anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Its electrical for sure. I would start with the fuse for it and see if its blown. Then move on to your sun roof switch and see if it is corroded. As we know the sunroof can only open under the trucks power when started. So I am assuming it got the connectors bend or piece of debri is in it creating a complete circuit as if you are actually pushing the button. If you see nothing, then I would replace it.  

• 2 weeks later...