Changed battery on 2015 Yukon Denali. Read this.

Hope this helps anyone that runs into this. My original battery died and I changed it out yesterday. After the change my AC was not operating correctly. I surfed the forums and found all sorts of fixes like pulling fuses and disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. None worked. I then notice that the outside temp on the intellilink screen is showing 36 degrees. Figuring it reset to Celsius (I’m in Texas so that is a logical centigrade reading for us) I checked settings and found it was set to F.

Buried in a forum about calibrating the temp gauge I found a GM service bulletin that says after a battery dies you need to drive the car at least 5 minutes over 20 mph for the temp gauge to calibrate; or let the car sit off for 8 hours. I drove the car down the highway and this worked like a charm.

When the outside temp is showing 36 degrees, it is basically telling the ac compressor not to come on and sending heat to the car. Not a lot of fun in 95+ heat in Texas. 

On a side note why why is there no documentation that this is the norm?  I called the dealer to have a girl laugh at me and tell me the car “has” to have a lot of things reset after a battery swap...and they want $155. Which was basically corrected with 5 minutes of driving. 

Edited by Txloanstar
  • Like 1

Thanks TX! 

Details like this are why I read these forums. 

Here in AZ, we are lucky to get more than 2 years out of a battery, and I just bought a 2017 that still has the factory one, so this tip may save me aggravation down the road, if I remember I read it... LOL

• 2 years later...