Custom Billet Grill Noise

I installed an aftermarket billet grill on my 2014 GMC Sierra.  The horizontal segments of the grill are pretty close together.  The truck looks great but now I have wind noise.  20-40 mph I get a humming noise and then higher speeds I get more of a whistling sound of various pitches.

Doing some internet hunting, I've seen suggestions of stiffening the horizontal sections by gluing on vertical supports.  I've also read about coating the back side of the grill with silicone or some other rubberized-like coating.  But I'm not sure how that would fix it.  Is it just interrupting the trailing edge of the horizontal members and that stops the noise?  Some have suggest adding a mesh  behind the grille as well.

Anyone have this problem and a sure fire solution (other than getting a new grille!).

Thanks!

20190914_120928.jpg

It is nist the nature of it. All the stated fixes are to reduce air over the bars. But you are also reducing the amount of air to the radiator, condenser, and engine.
One one fix. Make other parts of the truck louder. Like exhaust or audio. Sounds funny but when you think about it. It is all that works.
That said I would love the race craft stainless mesh grill and the extra air on my intercooler would also. Just seems way over priced.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk