Allure of Jet Black Interior on GMC Denali\SLT

More of an observation and maybe a curiosity question ….

While searching for 2020 GMC Denali and SLT models online, it appears to me that maybe up to 80% of both the Denali and SLT have the Jet Black leather interior. The Denali offers an alternate color of Dark Ash Grey and the SLT offers an alternate color of Slate (which is a lighter crème color). Just curious, is Jet Black interior what most people desire?

My current 2014 GMC SLT has the Cocoa Dune, which I really like.

I love my jet black interior in my '17. It's definitely a personal preference, but I've always preferred the darker interiors. The only exception for me personally were those beautiful brown leather King Ranch Superduty interiors. 

Edited by Jglew82

I made it a point not to get black in this truck.  I love the cocoa dune.  My wife's Buick has black interior, and it is warmer inside.  

In fact, I still have scars from my mom's dark blue vinyl station wagon seats.  I think you could have seared steaks on those things.  

2 hours ago, FiatDale said:

Yes. Black is in for almost every automotive segment. And no, it does not get too hot in the summer time

Hmm...

According to the National Safe Kids Organization, if the ambient
temperature is 79 degrees F, car interiors can reach the following
temperatures!

White Interior             135 degrees F
 Red   Interior             154 degrees F
 Blue/Green Interior        165 degrees F
 Black Interior             192 degrees F

If the interior is hotter then the seats are hotter with leather. My GTO has the black leather seats and it would still be radiating heat 20 minutes later when I got home from the head rests after sitting in the sun all day. 

21 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

All that black is a JOKE!  Shows nothing but DIRT!  Black this black that black rims?  How about a the Black taillight covers?  Yeah...looks cool guys!  JOKE!

Correction, it shows dust, not dirt. I can easily wipe off dust, it is much harder removing blue jean stains or rubbed in dirt from tan... I never got on board with black wheels, tinted tail lights, etc. I am also done with black paint, my dark green is a little dark here in Texas but looks good. Are you also grumpy about window tint being black? 

I prefer a black interior, though I get cloth not leather so the seating surface isn't much different. As others have mentioned it just looks less worn and dirty over the years, especially if you use your truck to do DIY stuff or work regularly. My brother used his Rendezvous for pools back in college and it was tan, that thing looks dirty and was hard to get somewhat clean. Was it cooler, yes.

Tyler

• Like 1

I have a black interior with the  grey headliner but this would not be my first choice if I factory ordered.  I wish there were far more interior colour options!   An all red interior with a black, white or red exterior (or two-tone combination of these colours) would be classic!   

20 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I have a black interior with the  grey headliner but this would not be my first choice if I factory ordered.  I wish there were far more interior colour options!   An all red interior with a black, white or red exterior (or two-tone combination of these colours) would be classic!   

You know I can't stand FERD Donstar but that is the FERD guy in you talking about the Red!  I liked the Red too!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

You know I can't stand FERD Donstar but that is the FERD guy in you talking about the Red!  I liked the Red too!

Yes, I must admit that I have owned a few Fords with red interiors.  My first was a '69 F100 Black and White two-tone with red interior! Beautiful truck!   To be fair, I owned a '76 Sierra 3/4 ton with Red and White two tone paint and an all red cloth interior!

I put the weight on the exterior color as far is the interior choice. Heat be damned (mitigated somewhat by vented seats), it’s hard for me to imagine a black truck with anything but a black interior. 

Speaking specifically of these GM trucks and the two color options you get in most trims, there are only a few exterior shades that complement the tan-grey and dark brown interior combo...white, and the earth tones. In my view that brown interior doesn’t jive in a silver truck; clashes for me. Conversely, I wouldn’t want a jet black interior in a brown truck, also clashes. A lot of what the dealers order probably reflects my opinion.