Anyone running smoothie steel wheels?

oldmann

I wouldn't run them as there transport only and may not be made to driven all the time (highways, back roads etc) also rims are not just for looks either there designed to cool the brakes also. I dough very much if you could even buy them.

Edited by Silverado4x4

Those transports are not DOT road worthy.  They come off the trucks and are sent back to GM or destroyed.  Not designed and engineered for daily road use.  And, they are 22" wheels so tires = $$$$$  If they go missing from a dealer (so if a tech puts them in his truck) the dealer is out $1500 too as a core charge.     

Edited by newdude

3 hours ago, newdude said:

Those transports are not DOT road worthy.  They come off the trucks and are sent back to GM or destroyed.  Not designed and engineered for daily road use.  And, they are 22" wheels so tires = $$$$$  If they go missing from a dealer (so if a tech puts them in his truck) the dealer is out $1500 too as a core charge.     

They are DOT approved.  So yes, they are DOT road worthy.

Willing to bet even if they are road-legal, those things are going to rust to hell immediately when hit with road salt. I can’t see GM spending any money on corrosion protection for what are essentially disposable wheels. Personally wouldn’t invest in (4) 22” tires for crap wheels.