Heavy Duty front spring package???

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, J Man said:

Does the Heavy Duty Front Spring /Camper Package also include heavier duty springs in the rear? What I am reading is only about heavier duty springs in the front. Thanks!

It only changes the front suspension.  You often go over FGAWR on the camper calculation that is why some models say not recommended without the heavy front suspension option.

#iworkforGM 

• 2 months later...

Changing torsion bars on the new trucks is the same as the older trucks shown above.  There is a new tool for the newer trucks because the bars are heavier and the cross piece is thicker requiring a bigger tool.  The bars are really hard to remove once the tension is off of them.  I found that renting a rotary hammer at a tool rental is the best way to drive the bars out of front A arm. 

Edited by unit

My 3500 has that camper/plow  spring package and it rides just fine. its almost as smooth as my '16 2500 with Fox shocks on it. I was worried but that frame soaks up the ride bumps. I have 60psi in fronts and 70psi in rears.

• 2 weeks later...

I took delivery of my new truck yesterday GMC 3500 SLT CC LB SRW gas engine 18 inch wheels with front camper springs (not snow plow package).  It’s noticeably stiffer than the ones I test drove without camper springs but not at all harsh when driving empty.  What I most notice is increase lateral stiffness turning corners (which is what you want for a camper).  I've been driving around so far at the tire pressure the factory or dealer put in it, 60 front 80 rear, which is the door recommendation that supports full load. Sticker payload is 4,053 lbs.  Two tons for the price of one!  I’ll likely run a bit lower pressure but haven’t messed with it yet. 

Another JR, I run the rears at 70 PSI when not towing to soften the ride somewhat. Yes its lower than the door sticker but why would you put more air in the rears when there is less weight back there? I think its because thats how GM has to meet the GV specs for the truck. Not needed on a daily ride but I will air up when towing. Of course the nanny in the truck shows low.