Are the 3.0 Diesels selling that well?

jaslon

Just looking at the inventory of some of the local dealers in my area and one of the higher volume dealers has 13 diesels in stock, ranging from the LT model all the way up to the High Country.

Are they expecting these to be a hit with consumers? Have you all seen many diesels in your area?

Really depends on the dealer, around me there are a few dealers with none, and some with 10-15 sitting on the lot.  I think some managers are waiting to see how popular they will be before loading up their lots.

Edited by pewterliftedz

12 hours ago, Colossus said:

I'm barely seeing any new Silverados and Sierra's period.  Thankfully.  They are so ugly.  Everyone around here is going with the Dodge and Fords for brand new. 

Who buys a truck based on looks? That is the last thing I am worried about, I make sure it is reliable and capable before even remotely caring what it looks like... Thankfully beauty is in the eye of the beholder and these trucks are seeming to grow on more people as they have an aggressive look rather than the bland Ram with the car interior. 

Anyone can say what they want on the internet, doesn't mean it is true. In my area I never see a new Ram or Ford, only GM trucks brand new. See how that works? I see more Kia Rio's than Ram's; must be true right?

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970
  • Like 2

Just now, amxguy1970 said:

Who buys a truck based on looks? That is the last thing I am worried about, I make sure it is reliable and capable before even remotely caring what it looks like... Thankfully beauty is in the eye of the beholder and these trucks are seeming to grow on more people as they have an aggressive look rather than the bland Ram with the car interior. 

Anyone can say what they want on the internet, doesn't mean it is true. In my area I never see a new Ram or Ford, only GM trucks brand new. See how that works? I see more Kia Rio's than Ram's; must be true right?

Tyler

I've seen one new Ram in my neighbourhood and it's driven by a guy who looks like he works in an office and thus doesn't need a truck (I think it's a company truck based on the license plate). Mostly I've seen new GMs but also a few new Fords, though I can't instantly recognise them due to being essentially identical to the last couple years. 

In industry, before recently the only Rams I had seen were the 15 year old Cummins 2500s one of our contractors is still using. We recently got a new contractor who's using new Rams but they're also using second gen Tacomas, so who knows what their fleet strategy is? 

14 hours ago, Colossus said:

I'm barely seeing any new Silverados and Sierra's period.  Thankfully.  They are so ugly.  Everyone around here is going with the Dodge and Fords for brand new. 

Wow, you are one of very few I have heard that from.

• Like 1

Purchased mine last month!  Love it!   

Also, dealerships will do what they call a "dealer trade" if you have a go-to dealership (or the closets one to you) that does not have the specific one you want.  They simply swap vehicles at an equal value and the limitations are at a max 250 mile radius to help you find what you want.  But some dealerships won't trade certain vehicles if it's a hot item. 

where I live you see pretty equal mix of all of them, though I have seen more new 19-20 silverados lately than I did when I first got mine.....probably Ford and chevy mostly than dodge...this includes all years