Coronavirus

KARNUT

6 hours ago, Likarok said:

We have seen it exactly the opposite of that in Alberta. I don't think I have seen friends helping friends and neighbors like we are right now. Maybe from being locked up but I have spoken to neighbors that I have not spoken to in years. And the store people seem so grateful that you have come in to buy something and help them get through. 

Are they blaming your highest elected official in your country for this outbreak?

It's hilarious that they blame the US president for this.

The virus got out from accidental exposure from a lab in China.

China starts buying up all the medical supplies, while telling the world it was from a wet market and that they're containing it.

Trump wants to close the US from international travel. "You can't, thass rayciss, etc."

Then it's Trump's fault when there aren't enough supplies?

[emoji23]

It's China's fault and they deserve to be punished brutally for this.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

China starts buying up all the medical supplies, while telling the world it was from a wet market and that they're containing it.

Trump wants to close the US from international travel. "You can't, thass rayciss, etc."

emoji23.png

A handful of countries have stated they are going to hold China accountable, everybody knows what went wrong here. China and the WHO are dirty. Only in the US could it be possible that our own media and politicians are blaming the president. This was predictable from the start.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 7:22 PM, graystonelbz said:

Gmtruck.com communist regime.

Thinking you might have come up with the name for the Chinese market's website.....

Remember, this is just a free forum, only 3 things that are guaranteed on here are, we all have Aholes, trucks, and opinions. 

Hoping for your sake, you are having some fun with your remarks, because none of us are in a position to change the outcome of what is happening. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

The morons here find a way to blame Trudeau for everything. 

Mostly just because he has a funny title, "Prime Minister", sounds like a steak, or a drink at Outback.

• Haha 1

[emoji23]

Just because it came from China doesn’t excuse the fact that the US federal administration didn’t do anything in the month of February to proactively stop the spread of the virus. They waited until it got bad to do anything. Look at all the articles that said they knew about it in November and dismissed it. Well look where we’re at today and tell me if they had handled it differently, that we would be in the same position.

Was the pandemic trumps fault? Absolutely not. Did he mismanage the handling of the pandemic? Yup. Same as other countries. We had a chance to start in February but we didn’t start until March. That’s a whole month gone to waste, that could have lead to a quicker “reopening” of the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just because it came from China doesn’t excuse the fact that the US federal administration didn’t do anything in the month of February to proactively stop the spread of the virus. They waited until it got bad to do anything. Look at all the articles that said they knew about it in November and dismissed it. Well look where we’re at today and tell me if they had handled it differently, that we would be in the same position.

Was the pandemic trumps fault? Absolutely not. Did he mismanage the handling of the pandemic? Yup. Same as other countries. We had a chance to start in February but we didn’t start until March. That’s a whole month gone to waste, that could have lead to a quicker “reopening” of the US

What do you think he should have done?

He wanted to shut the borders down back then. But nooooooo. Can't do that. It's racist.

If we want to talk mismanagement, let's look at Congress resisting. Not the president.

• Like 1

What do you think he should have done?

He wanted to shut the borders down back then. But nooooooo. Can't do that. It's racist.

If we want to talk mismanagement, let's look at Congress resisting. Not the president.

You’re 100% correct, it wasn’t just the White House that mismanaged, the government as a whole mismanaged. Both parties, not just one.

As for what we should have done, access to testing way earlier, and contact tracing from those who tested positive. Socially distance and prevent large gatherings long before the CDC “recommended it”. Hell, we still don’t even have the amount of testing we need. First week of March the White House promised millions of tests available, they’re still not available. The entire US only tests 120k/day according to the CDC.

The virus was going to come regardless, we could have “flattened the curve” way before with mass testing and earlier social distancing rules. Could have prevented a total lockdown that we’re seeing today

• Like 2

I'm not so sure. As you said, the virus was coming. We all knew that.

Without a vaccine, it's yet to be seen if this lockdown is actually gonna help. There are still so many essential things we have to do that open us to infection.

Really no way to know.

It’s been stated here repeatedly. Our elected leaders and highly regarded doctors in the beginning said nothing to worry about. When they found different the shut down began. At the time politics kicked in the opposition said it was racist. It all well documented. A few days ago at the nightly presser it was a well documented power point presentation. It got out of hand and the president corrected it for the record. Using the opposition own words. Disingenuous ( news) people they are. The one time politics should be out. If you’re not watching those and your propaganda news stations. You’re not informed.

• Like 2

I'm all for more testing and having tests available when you need one but that only means so much in the situation we are in now. You could test Billy Bob on a Monday and it's negative so he's all clear and good, then on Friday he gets the virus and shows no symptoms. Now that Monday test still says he's good and he feels completely fine for the next two weeks while possibly infecting others. So his Monday test was kinda pointless. This is kinda just the way it's going to have to be while they re-open the country.

• Like 1

It was bound to happen, it appears to becoming more widespread. From over reaching governors letting power go to their head. The sheep are resisting. You saw the stories. A father in hand cuffs in front of his young daughter. His crime playing with his daughter in an empty park. Fining drive through church goers on Easter, in their cars. Restrictions on purchasing seeds and garden supplies in open stores. While you can buy pot and booze. Next week it’s going to grow. I hope they start emphasizing mask and gloves. And stand back. Otherwise it will get ugly. They better ease it up a little.

What he's doing in putting mud in the water. 50 states use stats to guide them. My numbers are in lock step with theirs. Imagine that. We use the same data bases. We work with what we CAN know. He's working with what he believes. If he could put a number to his ranting he might be credible. As is, he's noise. 

Everyone knows there uncounted cases and deaths. That part he is not wrong about. Stat people know it doesn't matter. There are 7.8 billion people on this planet. 100,000 cases is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent. These fellas attempt to persuade people that this noise will make a HUGE impact on the results when the truth is at the current ratios it is drown out. He says there are cases and yet can not put a working value to his claim. Well they can and have. They have no need nor wish to publish those numbers because? It didn't make a significant impact on the result. 

Let me show you how easy this is. Test 100,000 random people. In that population every possible case to make will be made. I track those people to whatever their end result might be. (Mind you that sample INCLUDES people walking around infected like nothing is wrong who might otherwise have been untested.) From that data, which takes less than a month to clear and a few days to process they now know to a 99.7% certainty  how much of general population is infected. How many are asymtomatic. How many are what race, age, have what secondary condtions. How many will die and how many will live. How many will need vents. What mitigations are in place. 

Currently the USA has performed 3.4 MILLON test and have under 700,000 cases. Those numbers are known. 

It isn't rocket science. It's statistics.  

Some of the states are now publishing testing results. Two and three times the infected population. Has it resulted in some major shift in the results? No! An up tick but nothing that moves the numbers that matter. 

He can claim anything but he can't put a number to it......can he....has he. Just noise. 

You are just plain wrong. Testing (until VERY recently) has required the patient to have severe symptoms for a vast majority of cases skewing the stats. Why you cant see this fundamental statistical flaw is on you. As testing expands, the MR drops. And drops. And drops...

Your response to the actual decline in total deaths is: I dont buy that (a CDC graph mind you). So scientific! I dont buy that all the deaths are caused by covid...

An actual random test on covid antibodies done in CA suggests 55-85x the number of total infections vs. positive tests. Run your CNN/MSNBC fear mongering stats with those figures in mind and we have - what Trump said from the get go - a flu...

Funny how this got ramped up right after the impeachment vote failed. I stated this VERY EARLY in this thread:

SOMEONE WITH AN AXE TO GRIND AT THE CDC HAS THEIR FINGER ON THE PANIC BUTTON.

Doctors will never go against the CDC, as they can be sued, but they know. Also dont believe the BS "front line" instagram posts from drama queens - we have one at my work - and its 100% embelished attention grabbing mellinialism. RULE 1 ‐ You never take out your phone in full PPE...

Antibody testing will expose all of this - will you then admit you are wrong?

(Sorry - I had to jump back in this post, as Im really bored at my huge empty hospital today. We should be getting very busy soon with all the posponed real medical needs finally getting addressed next week. God bless Texas...)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 4